Monday, December 31, 2007

We be going squirrel hunting

Dahs-1 got a little pair of binoculars from my parents this year. He loves them and wears them around his neck so he always has them handy. He came up to me yesterday and asked if we could go outside to look at birds. It was a freak 50 degrees so I was more then happy to take advantage of the outside time.

We were outside walking up the hill after feeding the cows and he looked up at me and this was the conversation:

"Mommy lets go squirrel hunting"

"Bubba (my affectionate nickname for him) you want to do what?"

"squirrel hunting mommy, we find the squirrels and then we say HELLLLLOOOOOOO SQUIRRELS!"

And off we went squirrel hunting. I think the squirrels we found would have been less terrified had we just shot at them!

3 comments:

  1. That is probably the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time....

    My son, who is 9 now got a B-B gun for Christmas two years ago and made the fatal error of shooting at a squirrel...he hit it and although we nursed it back to health....albeit from a distance...I do not believe my son will ever hurt another animal...your story brought back the memory of this time when he learned how fragile life truly is....

    ~ASW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I love it when little boys say sweet things like that.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.