Friday, December 21, 2007

P.S. I Love You

I'm saw an ad for a movie last night, I couldn't see what it was about, the volume was down and I couldn't find the remote quick enough but I did catch the title and it made me think about flyboy. P.S. I Love You.

Today is our fifth wedding anniversary. I'm not sure how much of that we have actually spent together, I don't think I'll hazard a guess it would either make me laugh or depress me. But its been a wonderful five years. The first thing I realized about marriage is that it is not as easy as my parents made it look. Yikes. Every day stresses, let alone the stress of deployments, loneliness, constant change, and lack of control seep into every day life. We fight, we argue, we even go to bed mad sometimes, but we just deal. For better or worse.

I cant imagine life without my love. He said once that we are the same shade of gray. We think similarly, we laugh at the same stupid stuff (although I DO NOT find the fart jokes funny). He lets me watch the stupid crap (his words) on TV that I like. Really, how many husbands will sit with their wife and watch America's Next Top Model? He kills the hairy spiders, he scrapes the ice off my car before heading into work at 6 am, and he will even do the dishes. He might not always be around but he always puts us first in his heart.

Five years, two beautiful little boys and so much more in life to come. I cant even begin to imagine what life has in store for us. But at least I know that we will, with God's blessing, face it together.

1 comment:

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.