Thursday, December 6, 2007

The big ONE

My baby is one.

As of 11:44 am today. Geez that year FLEW by. Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of nights at 12:30, 1:45, 2:20, 4:30, and 5:15 that I thought for a moment it wasn't going fast enough. But now here we are a whole year later. Dash-2 is an excellent little guy, hes not nearly as intense as his brother. He's much more interested in sitting back and taking everything in. Now this being said, he's just as active as Dash-1, just as much of a handful, but in a much different way. I thought it would take time before I would see the difference in them but the second they handed me my little bundle I could see his personality. Very laid back, very chill, but with that twinkle in his eye letting you know that he knows how to get you if he needs too. And now as he's getting bigger and starting to really move on his own he's not quite as cuddly. The world is more exciting for him to explore on his own.

It's tough as a momma. You want them to grow up but you want them to stay little and in your arms forever. You know its your job to help them grow and become good, strong, responsible young men. Raise them up and then send them off to find their place in life but I didn't realize it would be so hard. And my baby is only one! Hardly ready to strike off on his own!

Thank you Dash-2 for blessing my life this year! And thank you God for the blessings of two little beautiful boys.

Happy Birthday my little love

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dash-2! That was a sweet post. It's so true that being a mom is tough - it's fun to see the kids grow, but it's hard to see them get bigger all at the same time. Dash-2 sounds like a sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stretch would laugh at me when I would cry at every milestone our first went thru. I was a little better with the second, but not much.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.