Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snow and lots to come

Twenty minutes. Its been snowing for twenty minutes. And we already have a solid inch and a half.

*sigh*

Flyboy was hoping to come home tonight but they are calling for a foot of snow and while I have full faith in my husband and Marine Corps Aviation, I am also a realist.

But it is nice to look at. A little less nice to dig out from but nice to look at. And I'll be able to get some great shots of the boys playing in the snow later I'm sure. Nothing like a great photo opt!
**Update** Its been snowing for over six hours and we are up to almost 7 inches. The forcast calls for snow until late tonight. We'll see what the final totals are. Flyboy did take off they are hoping to be able to land and not have to divert elsewhere. Fingers crossed!

6 comments:

  1. Time to pull out the snow day activities. :)

    We're supposed to get anywhere from 6 to 12 inches in 6 hours. I'm so glad I don't have to drive in it but since my husband's base is about an hour from our house, I hope they let them go early enough to make it home safely.

    Wishing your husband a safe trip and a soft landing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::jealous:: I saw some snow spotting the mountain peaks near here, but it melted as soon as the sun yawned and made like it was going to rise and shine.

    I so bad want to be in cold weather with snow right now. Don't want to drive in it, and certainly don't want it to screw up plans (SO sorry it might interfere in dh's return), but I just miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Found you on Lemon Stand's list. Great reads :) Happy snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lemon stand- hope your husband got home early and safe!

    anchored away- i will box up some snow and send it to you we have over six inches with no end in sight!

    calista- thanks for the comments... hope youll check back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the shovel for Dash-1!!
    I wish it would snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...at least it looks (and probably feels) like December there. It's still in the 70's here (although that supposed to end this weekend). It does NOT feel like Christmas is just around the corner.

    Hope Flyboy makes it home okay!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.