Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years

I've been thinking about this past year and the year to come over the next few days. This past year was all in all a good one for us. Flyboy was gone for most of it, missed a lot of Dash-2's first, missed some family fun, but he was home for some of it and thats more then some can say. While we had some medical bumps with Dash-1, as we end the year everyone is healthy and happy, again more then some can say and something for which I am so very thankful.

Of course another part of the new years is the pesky resolutions. What needs to change.

I'm relatively happy with my body. Sure I'd like to tone up a little and lose those last *cough* five pounds but after having given life twice from these hips, I'm no longer obsessed about it, rather I'm proud of it. I'd like to eat a little healthier this year more for my own well being so that I can set a good example but other then that that sums up the body type resolutions.

I really feel like I need to find some way to deal with stress. I need to learn to ask for help. I need to stop thinking that when flyboy is away I can do it all, on my own. I cant always be mom and dad, plumber, electrician, accountant, automotive tech, etc. Well I can try to be all these, but sometimes I need to keep some sanity and learn what can wait. I am also thinking about ways to take out the stresses that I can. I have to pay bills, take care of the kids every day (those with kids know that while you love them every minute it can be stressful!), there are simply things that HAVE to get done. But I dont have to go to the commissary or walmart on pay day. I don't need to hang out with negative people, we all have those people who are negative about everything, all the time.

I also need to learn to let things go. I suppose that works in with the whole stress thing. I have the keen ability to hold a grudge longer then many think possible. I must change this. No if ands or buts about it. I'm not sure how. I've tried yoga that drove me nuts. I think I just need to will myself to do it. If anyone has any tips on this I'm open to them. I'm hoping that if I learn to let things go then I can reduce my stress.

I am going into 2008 with wonder and hope as to what is in store for us all. I hope that we are continued to be blessed with health and happiness; that flyboy is safe and that the time he is away from us never seems as long as it may be. My hope for all of you and your families is much the same.

Have a blessed 2008 everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    What a great post :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, your comment on my blog didn't sound scary or anything. Email me @ annmbm0327 AT yahoo.com and I'll give you more specific info. I purposely make it a bit confusing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't make resolutions this year. The funny thing is, I forgot!! Work is stressing me out too much. I will now resolve to not be so stressed about work. :) Yeah, Riiggght. As Seinfeld would say: "Good luck with ALL THAT..."

    love you poots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Letting things go can be very hard, especially when everything that happens depends on your alertness. However, I am all for a less stressful life and being able to put things aside and concentrate on yourself. I hope you find an outlet and support to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of avoiding the negative. I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i used to have lots of grudges and resentment towards certain people but my mom told me one thing when I was going through my divorce from the ex. " Resentment is letting someone live rent free in your head for the rest of your life" That put a lot of things in perspective for me.. don't know if it'll help you butt hose are my words of wisdom. =)
    Have a happy new year

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.