Saturday, December 8, 2007

MSSDS

We all know the military loves its acronyms so I made one of my own.

Military Spouse Self Doubt Syndrome.

I often feel like I have this. Especially after reading my last post. With all thats going on in the world, I feel like an ass for feeling down about Flyboy not coming home as planned. When he called to tell me I hardly went ballistic or anything, in fact I said, "That sucks do you have enough clean underwear?".

But I feel bad for feeling bad. If that makes any sense. As if because I'm a military spouse I should be keeping the home fires burning without ever getting bummed and if I do then I must not be a true military spouse. Someone from the Marine Corps might come over and take away my membership card!

I just hope that I'm in good company, that others have their moments, that I'm not alone with this. And I hope no one takes my membership card away.... crappy picture and all its mine all mine.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely do NOT feel bad! This life is hard and it often sucks. I think we, above most, have every right to whine, moan, snark, rant, vent, and mewl. At the end of the day, we stick with it, so at some point - pity party or not - we buck up and push through the rough parts. And for that fact alone, we've earned our membership!

    Sure, others have it worse, but it doesn't mean we don't often end up with the short end of the stick, and it doesn't mean we haven't earned the right to get our whine on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, you are NOT alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone! I think it's fine to whine and moan sometimes. At the end of the day, we still end up putting our big girl pants on and driving on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness knows I have had my fair share of whining!! Some days we just need to do it and then the next day we are good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely not alone. I think we all have this picture of a superwoman who lets these things roll of her back in our heads, but....that's not real life. You do the best you can, and that's more than enough to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.