Wednesday, August 12, 2009

a reintroduction post if you will

Casey is having a blogging carnival to kinda introduce people to you. She said to pick a blog post that tells folks about you or why you blog. That seemed like a lot of work, I started this blog almost two years ago, I gotta lotta post...and most are wordy, it seemed easier just to recap.

So I'll hit the high points for you. And I'll probably be doing it in my usual wordy fashion.

First off, I am my husband's wife. I am lucky enough to be married to a hot stud in a flight suit my love for the past six and a half years. Really it seems longer. And I mean that in a good way. He is affectionately known around these parts as flyboy, since he looks so good in a flight suit he's a marine aviator.

The joy of our lives and the bulk of my blog fodder comes from navigating military life and our little boys. Dash-1 who is 4 1/2 and dash-2 who is 2 1/2 and a soon to be joining us dash-3 in just a matter of weeks. I'm a stay at home mom, which translates into butt wiper, poop detector, head chef, activities director, personal shopper, judge, jury, nurse, translator, you name it it's in the job description.

Life is seldom boring around here. Let's see in past post dash-1 thought he had a third nipple on his ankle, my kids think I have a super power to make milk, flyboy taught our kids that hating is wrong but it's ok to hate Jimmy, and I've stood in more pee then ever thought possible, wow the list could go on and on.

See what I mean I couldn't pick just one post?!

That's pretty much us in a nutshell, although not peanuts, dash-1 is allergic. That could just get ugly.

So to any new readers hopping over from Casey's welcome, hope to see you back, and for all you faithful followers I'm kinda curious, what keeps you coming back? It's my charm isn't it? That's how I snagged flyboy.

Any topics you think I should hit on more? More military? More kids stuff? More adult stuff? Although be warned, my mind seldom travels from kids stuff over to adult stuff.

22 comments:

  1. Yes, we're addicted to you! ;) Actually, if it weren't for your total honesty and lack of shame (sorry, but true) in posting, it would be NEARLY as fun peeping in on your life. I think that's a great idea Casey had. I'm loving reading all these new blogs!

    This re-introduction post was a good idea. Wish I'd thought of it, but I already linked to a different one on there. Poo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the only blogger who makes me smile at least once in every post... and more often than not, want to pee myself from laughing so hard. You seriously helped me survive my first deployment... you brought laughter back into my life. I couldn't ever give up on reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always laugh because of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are loved in the blog world because you tell it like it is, and you always server the truth with a side of sarcasm and don't take yourself too seriously. :)

    And I personally love you because you are a fellow Marine spouse, plus you mailed me a wedding card before any of my siblings did. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I've loved your blog since I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I have only been an Assicted reader for a few weeks but I love how frank you are! I love that you aren' afraid to tell your children that you make milk as a super power AND then blog about it!!! You are candid and halarious! It keeps me coming back for more everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's your wit that keeps me coming back. That and you know, I have all this free time with the lounging on the couch half the day and all ;)

    and...I sort of use you as a guide for what I'm in for as the Captain gets bigger. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally addicted (as in slap-my-wrists-and-ready-for-another-hit) to your blog (though I think you know that already...) and it's mostly becuase you are absolutely hysterical and your kids make me snort soda (that may be why I've given it up?!). Seriously... I haven never met you and I already feel like I know your personality and can imagine facial expressions as I read what you write... well... minus the fact that I don't know that I've ever seen your face, that is...

    ... apparrently I'm a creeper, too?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everyone else! You always have me laughing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you always have me laughing. I love how you handle every situation and you are very much loved among the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am addicted to your sarcastic wit when discussing all the craziness your boys get into. You also make me crack up. Keep on doing what you do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are funny. That was not long at all! Hope you are feeling...OK. I know the answer to that...but wanted you to know I was hoping it for you anyway. :)

    I do love my stud in his flight suit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came over from Casey's. I could SO RELATE to this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You forgot something. Your a kick ass friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, you already know I crush on you, so that's what keeps me coming back :) Haha!

    Actually, I'm using you to introduce me to the life I have no doubt I will have once Lil' Mootz gets a bit older. I'm trying to get control of my gag reflex now by reading all your body fluid stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Most of your posts keep me smiling, that's why I return.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's definitely the sarcasm, add to that the fact that you are an honest (and good) Mom, then lastly, I *always* laugh, mostly with you.
    hugs

    (plus we share the super power of milk making! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally love you. You manage to be a mom and post about your kids without going overboard with a million pictures of the cute way they breathe. I also love your long emails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seems like a good summary :)
    You covered all your bases.
    I like posts about you! You're my favorite girl so I love hearing about what's going on and we don't get to talk as often so this keeps me posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your Mommy of the Year nomination!!! wahoo!!!! {and I do have to admit that I was one, though probably of many who nominated you} You blog is fabulous and one of my favorites to read every day!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.