Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday yummmm-o

These days, if my mind is occupied by finding a bathroom it's occupied by food. I'm only human.

So I thought I would share a yummo recipe that is in my oven as we speak, sadly I'm also typing this up so it will seem like they are cooking faster. Sausage balls, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

My grandmothers recipe although its out there everyone, so I don't actually think she made it up. I'll have to call her bluff next time we meet up in the great beyond.

2 cups of bisquick
1 pound of sausage (I use turkey sausage and you cant tell the difference)
2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese (but hey, use the cheese you like)

These are super simple, add just about a 1/2 cup of water to the bisquick to moisten it some, it will still be fairly dry, this is normal, then add the sausage and the cheese and mix. I use the kneading attachment on my kitchen aide mixer if you don't have something like that well, you can always use your hands!

Form into little balls, pop in the oven at 35o degrees. And pull up a chair to the oven so you can watch them bake. Or blog. That will help get your mind off of them.

Flyboy likes them hot, I like them cold the next day out of the fridge but really, either way they are delicious.

oooh I think they are done.....

15 comments:

  1. Mmmm sausage balls are my favorite thing in the world. I seriously make myself sick off them every time they are near me. My mom usually only made them at Christmas, but now that I'm on my own, they will be made much more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound so good! Sadly, I have no Bisquick or Sausage in my kitchen. I think that I am going to have to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds good. Isn't it funny how much more important food becomes when pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I'm going to have to make those. I think K will adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to give these a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh my aunt makes these every year for the night before Christmas and with mustard they are to die for. Yum yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good i'll have to try them

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOOOO funny! I made these a few weeks back after years of going without them. I LLOOOVEEE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them. I think they're better the next day too, but I've never not eaten one fresh out of the oven. I use colby jack cheese and throw in some crushed red pepper for a little heat.

    Delish...I'm planning an appetizer supper one night...starting with sausage balls now and finishing with buffalo chicken dip.

    Thanks for the reminder about these :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of them before, but now I NEED to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! but we call them "biscuits" and flatten the balls a little bit...still the same, still yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never made those before! How have I survived this long?!?!

    I think Daniel would profess his undying love to me if I made them for him... well, if he already hadn't ;)

    Thanks for the recipe!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved her sausage balls!! I never had the recipe so thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.