Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My fat trap

I have a problem, actually flyboy has a similar problem and its spilling over into our parenting. We are a tad on the sarcastic side.

Hard to believe no?

As sarcastic and snarky as I am on here, I am in real life and that my friends, carries over to child rearing. I grew up in a sarcastic household so really, I blame my parents.

The other night we were watching the Incredibles together and flyboy asked dash-1 what his super power would be. His reply, "I shoot bad guys."

Flyboy jumped in with "hey so do I". Great now he can share with his preschool class that daddy shoots bad guys AND pushes people out of his airplane. (Remember he's the only military kid in his class, they don't get the context of a lot of what comes out of his mouth.)

But really compared to my foot in mouth episode that was nothing. Dash-1 looks over at me and asks me so nicely what my power would be. I couldn't resist. I couldn't stop myself.

"I make milk. Let's see you boys pull that off."

Really? I couldn't just stay quiet? Would that have been so hard?

Now he keeps following me around asking me to make milk.

My mother always said I was a smart ass, but then again, I learned from her.

26 comments:

  1. As a fellow possessor of a sarcastic streak that won't stay submerged, I got a good chuckle out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggled extra about this post because this morning during our daily neighborhood walk I was asking my friend if her boobs ever look really uneven from breastfeeding. And then you posted out it! Too funny. :)

    LT isn't sacastic -- his main problem is that he laughs at everything. And we swear a lot. So we're going to have the kid who drops the F bomb in preschool, because he learned at home that daddy thinks it's hilarious. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You should get one of those spray flowers that clowns have and fill it with milk. Imagine his surprise! Of course, it might take a lot of explaining to the neighbors...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!! Love it!! My 'wit' gets me into trouble too, so I feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's it, I'm getting you the t-shirt: I make milk, what's your superpower? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, that's funny. both me and my husband are very sarcastic, and one of his best friends is one of those people who doesn't "get" sarcasm so it's made for a lot of interesting moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure once he witnesses you making milk he will probably decide that it's a super power he doesn't want to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is awesome! And I am such a smart ass somedays it scared me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I share the same trait and was dating someone who just didn't "get" sarcastic folks and couldn't understand why "they" felt the need to be that way. *perfect* My prince charming will love that about me rather than see it as a flaw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baah aha ha ah ahaaaaaa!!!!!! HA HA HAAA!! I love it!!

    PS: No worries about meeting up. It would've been awesome, but I totally understand! You've got to take care of yourself first thing - so you're totally fine! I'm sure it'll happen one of these days! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like those maternity t-shirts that say "I grow people. What's your superpower?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i make milk! haha - that's awesome!

    and am totally with you on the snarkyness - i have that problem too. and at 21 months i see my baby girl joining the ranks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHAHA! I've said similar stuff. Good to know I'm in good company.

    The one we're dealing w/ presently is the boobs vs. milk conversation. Oceana asked around 2 years what "those" were and in an effort to be honest I called them boobies. Of course she NEVER forgot it and would say it in public, in church, in front of family. *turning red*

    So now the "official and accepted" terminology is "Milk". "Mommy, dat you miwhk?" "Do I have miwhk?"

    Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny! However I'm big on sarcasm too so I probably would have said something along those lines as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog always cracks me up!! Kids are soooooo literal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha, you definitely win! We are sarcastic, and my husband has a hard time not laughing when the Wee One misbehaves. We are screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol thats funny... But if he spills that to his teacher at least they should laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You rock. (and win)

    But we're guilty of it at our house too. At least one of us is.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it!

    I agree, you win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAHA. Love the quip. I'm never that quick on my feet!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.