Friday, August 28, 2009

mish mosh post and a contest

*I had my 39 + wk apt today, I'm 3 cm dilated, I hope this means things will be happening soon. Being pregnant really is great, but I'm excited to meet my new little one. I know that this means that lots of waking up at night and crying fits (him not me) but really at the thought of no longer having to pee every five minutes I'm ready to walk across hot coals.

Or endure the pain of labor.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Dash 2 has found a new love in life.

Strawberry daiquiri's. Yup my two year old loves him some, as he calls it, stravery juice.

Don't worry, we don't add anything to them, well large amounts of cool whip but nothing illegal. I used to drink these as a kiddo and during our last heat wave the little one got the strawberry juice bug as well. He's smitten. I've also gotten him hooked on pink lemonade but you can't put large amounts of cool whip on it. Adapt and over come folks.

Flyboy shares his love of nerf guns, I share my love of frozen slushies.

That's what good parenting is all about, exposing kids to new things.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Because I am sitting here all crampy and tired, I'll admit that I'm just phoning it in. So why not have a little contest? Let's start a baby pool.

To win you need to be the closest guess to the time, date, and weight of the baby. Just a brief reminder since I'm guessing most of you don't have my due date marked on your calendars (actually I don't even have it marked on there) my due date is Sept. 1 but like I said, I'm hoping to go early.

Hey who knows maybe by the time this is out there I'll be at the hospital. If that happens I'll just go with the closest time and weight.

And don't worry I might not have figured it out right now but there will be a prize. Maybe a nice candle or one of the dash brothers or something. I haven't worked out the finer points yet, this just came to me.

Good luck! And this contest will be open till dash-3 shows up.

oh and in case I disappear for a few days, ya know to pop out a baby and what not, don't forget to go vote (daily if you are so inclined)! I hate to bug you all but the contest ends on the 31st and who knows what I'll be up too in the coming days.

33 comments:

  1. august 29th 5pm 8 pounds 6 ounces

    ReplyDelete
  2. August 30th 12:30pm. I'm saying an even 8lbs, because I love a chunky baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. August 31st at 6am and the little bubba can be 6 pounds 9?

    Hope you pop sooner though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh and if i win I'll take dash1 and dash 2 (for a few days)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg. I just hope you go soon. I cannot imagine!

    Um, but I guess I'll say Aug 29 at 10:45. And 6.8 lbs?! Lol.

    Good luck! I hope you're already there! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. August 29 at 6pm, hmmmmm let's say a nice 7 pounds 9 oz.

    You go girl! Lots of nice easy labor vibes for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say Aug 30th at 04:45
    8lbs 5oz
    Have a wonderful Birth-Day whenever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was 2 weeks LATE, so I am just going to hope that you have a good rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my vote is august 31st at 12:23 AM.weight is 8 pounds 7 ounces

    praying for a easy FAST painfree delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aug. 31 at 3:32 pm weighing in at 8 pounds 7 ounces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay - I'll go 29th (because I'm cheering for you in this one!), and I'll say he's an night-time dash, so we'll go with 2305 and 7 lbs 11 oz.


    Here's to hoping!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He'll share the same birthday as me. :)

    August 31st, 8 lbs 6 oz.

    Hang in there, it's the home stretch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, let's say it will be at 8:06 to match his weight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope he comes soon!

    I'm going to say August 30th, 7:49p.m. And he'll way 7lbs 6 ounces.

    ReplyDelete
  15. August 30, 0345 hrs, 7lbs 4 oz :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going with August 31st 9:22pm 7 pounds 8 ounces

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! first of all, happy SITS day, but holy crap! I'm hoping soon! Aug 30, and 8 lb???? I dunno :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I'm bad at these... I'm gonna say September 3 (only because everyone I know this year has gone past their due date!) and Dash 3 will be 8lbs 4oz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not entering the pool--just wish you a happy, healthy baby very soon.

    dropped by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 31st - it's my anniversary. Glad you're hanging in there - can't believe it's already time for you to have your little man. Watch out - three is BUSY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 8/31. 10pm. 7LBS, 5oz.
    Good luck and hoping for a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 5:01pm (my birth time) on... Wednesday the 2nd. 7 pounds 7 oz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sept 2nd, 00:24, 7 lbs 14 ozs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I say the 30th. At 11:07 PM. 7lbs, 5oz! That's what I am guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't hit me - there's a rhyme to my reason! September 5 at 1pm and 8lbs 3oz. Date and time is my sister's wedding and 8lbs 3oz was Naomi's weight. Hoping you go sooner tho!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aug 31st, also my bday, 10:02 pm, 7lbs 5 oz.

    Good luck and easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm going to say Sept. 1st (but you'll go in Aug. 31st) and 8 lbs 2 oz.

    I could have said Sept. 10 and 12 lbs, but I didn't want you to hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hmmm. Since you haven't posted yet today that might be a sign. So I'm going to go with

    Aug 31st 2:02am and 8 lbs 8 oz.


    Hope you go sooner though!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Does O'Dark Thirty on the 31st count as a guess? LOL...

    I'm guessing 7.5 lbs and 20 inches. I'm probably sooo wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh no poots....!!!
    You know am I no good at height, age and weight..Just no good.

    I will try but do not laugh if it's horribly off. I know nothing about babies and I suck at this game.

    sept 3
    7:11 pm
    7lbs 5 ounces

    ReplyDelete
  31. today (August 31) at 2:18 p.m., 8 lbs 1 oz. Go Mrs!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.