Monday, August 24, 2009

who's your best girl? and a side rant

Whenever I ask the boys if I can be their best girl the answers are always the same.

From dash-1 I get a hug, perhaps a kiss but always a "sure mommy".

From dash-2 I get finger point, what I think is his version of a snap, and a "maybe tomorrow".

Ouch. I'm trying not to let this harm my fragile ego.

Oh and a little side rant. To all you drivers out there, when in a parking lot, waiting for someones parking space, if they happen to be like 15 months pregnant, lugging two kids out of the cart, then the bags, then strapping said children into car seats (AS REQUIRED BY LAW MIND YOU) and returning the cart do not make exasperated looks at her.

I'm moving as fast as I can. Really, that really is as fast as I move these days. Except to the bathroom or to get ice cream.

And honestly, even if I'm not bite me, your in your car, you're going to get a space, do some damn deep breathing. Or better yet, bite me. Or offer me ice cream.

Oh and when I turn on my car, you know so I can drive it, buckle my seat belt and turn on my ac because again, I'm like 15 months pregnant I sweat standing still and its in the 90's, RELAX. I am moving. I will be pulling out of this space, you will be able to park your car. It is not my dream to hang out in my car with my two kids in the W@l-mart parking lot.

Not even just to mess with your mind. Ok maybe a little bit. But really, give people a break.

And if there is a parking space that is like four feet further from the door.... don't hound the poor pregnant lady and make me feel more flustered then I already do on a daily basis.

And really, who's in that big of a hurry to get into W@lmart and be surrounded by the winners in there?

24 comments:

  1. I think I would have throat punched the exasperated look giving driver. But that might be because I get severe rage hormones will pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is when I would have taken even longer...but I am like that. Why are people so rude to women who have kids and are pregnant. We can only go so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be 15 months pregnant, I am surprised you were that calm! I think I would have slowed down even more! Seriously, that is what I do when people rudely wait on my spot! Yeah, I don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so cute.

    I think you should train them to 'play slow motion' when you're getting into the car like that. Perhaps said waiting car will believe they've suddenly been sucked into a time warp.

    Or flick your super pregnancy sweat at them while returning the cart. I had that but decided to call it "glowing" instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dash-2 has some sass! Seriously!!

    I have actually been honked at while trying to get my two children in the car. When this happens, I will take out my cell phone and sit in the space making phone calls until the person gives up an leaves. People really don't have to be douche bags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not even pregnant and I take my time just for sheer spite. I always think to myself, they could have already been in the damn door had they just went a little further down the lot...they just wanna be lazy and not walk. and f*ck if I'm gonna help 'em do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. some people are so rude-- I hope you gave them the stink eye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone who isn't infirm but waits for a parking space that's infinitesimally closer to the door deserves the full wrath of a woman who's 15 months pregnant. Does your state allowed concealed carry so you can shoot out the lazy bastard's tires next time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, I hate people like that! I haven't actually been given the evil eye (but I would so slow down if I ever was), but I have been stuck behind plenty of idiots waiting for parking spots when if they would just keep driving, there is an entire row open a few feet away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the best girl response!!

    and the side rant - those people just make me want to go even slower! seriously people get a life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with your rant. I dispise people who sit there and give people evil eyes especially when they can clearly see that it may be a few minutes because of said buckling, putting the car back, and what not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's when I, even in all misery, would unbuckle the kids, load them BACK into the cart, and head back in to Walmart, giving a pathetic "sorry, they have to go potty NOW" look to the driver...and as soon as he/she rolls around looking for new spot, head back out saying "False Alarm".

    Yeah, I'm mean like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol I would have just sat in my car an extra ten minutes just to be a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahahahaahah I love that rant! I sit in my car another minute or two just to piss them off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate when people do that! Some people are just ignorant. I would take extra time. muwahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, man. What a tool.

    You made me laugh, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha ha ha - people get mean in parking lots! Seriously, though - there's already a MAJOR shortage of manners in this world, but once anyone hits a parking lot it's like all of what little they have left is out the window!! People are just plain wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate when people wait for cars (mine or others) in which people have kids. Really is the spot that important that you haev to rush someone who is mostly likly already ihaving a bad day (really who has a good day with 2 kids in walmart not me)

    Just wait one days dash 1s resonse will change to Madeline LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. What's wrong with people at Wal Mart? You know, not everyone is as rich as you. Some of us have to shop their to feed our family. You are so rude. We are breaking up.


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL i look forward to your blogs everyday because of content like this

    ReplyDelete
  21. my friend just had some douche couple flag her down in the costco parking lot (after loading in two screaming children) and yell at her for not putting her cart away!

    Some people have a lot of nerve...and those people need to "unclench"

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've always felt that places like Walmart should have "Pregnant" Parking spaces next to the handicapped ones. Not that pregnancy is a handicap (necessarily) but you know what I mean. (My MIL, on the other hand, said she felt pregnant women should be required to park in the back of the parking lot, so they will be forced to exercise. Yeah....pity me.)

    Thanks for the comment. Hubs actually first considered the Marines but the Army just seemed like a better fit for him.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know, RIGHT! People like that make me get all kinds of exasperated! And then I move even slower because I'm like that... :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.