Monday, June 1, 2009

pregnant cows and soul mates

You know it's true love, that it's meant to be when a simple conversation with them brightens your day. When you talk with them for 20 minutes and you feel recharged.

You know it's true love when it's a conversation about pregnant cows, expanding milk udders (theirs not mine), mulch, three day prek vs. five day, my frustrations with the ob/gyn department and an upcoming glucose test, one child who won't sleep, and the other who has started adding.

Nothing particularly exciting, nothing at all even slightly romantic, but it's enough to keep us going. To remind us that the other one is out there and that at the end of the day, we obviously were meant to be.

That is how I know I am lucky enough to be with my soul mate. And that's how I know I'll survive the rest of this trip that just seems to keep going on. Because we'll keep going on.

17 comments:

  1. awww this just gave me chills!!! your a strong wife and i bet your hubby is super proud. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww i LOVE this post!!!

    So true.. after my 10 minute talks with the hubby i feel like a million bucks!

    and it could be about anything!


    pregnant cows though? is hysterical! and i wasn't expecting such a heartfilled post from a funny title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice :) Very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Definitely brightened my day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post :) I miss hearing my hubs voice, I think that's the worst part of submarine deployments. Rambling my way through emails isn't quite the same.

    So, are these YOUR cows?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you had a chance to connect and rechange and am really hoping this trip ends soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so true!! I think it's the marriages that can't be rejuvenated after these kinds of conversations that have issues :)

    I'm glad you two got to reconnect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is so sweet -- it makes me smile! I get so super melty when I talk to Matt. It's fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    I just found your blog and it's great! I enjoyed my visit her very much.

    You're always welcomed at mine as well.
    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, that kinda sounds like conversations Robert and I have:p we totally talk EVERYTHING! So glad you have a huhsband you can do that with and even happier that you have your soul mate and not just a mate:) Where abouts in GA are you coming to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those small matters are what keep us connected too... who did what at work, what funny thing Aidan said today, what stubborn/cute thing Ainsley did, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, so I blame it on being tired last night when I commented but I totally just got you and one other bloggie buddy mixed up when I asked you where in Ga where you coming to:p Ya'll have similar commenting i.d's...Just wanted to clear that up for you:p

    ReplyDelete
  13. =) well said

    I wanna hear more about the expanding cow udders.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.