Monday, June 8, 2009

Friend Makin Monday

A quick post today, about all the fantastic reasons to love summer. In fact, the top ten reason to love summer.

If you want to play along, you can join the FMM fun at Kasey's blog.

Here go's my ten loves of summer:

1. Longer days. I love the sun setting in the evening rather then the afternoon.

2. The smells of fresh cut grass and hay. Even the cows and horses smell better in the summer.

3. How the sun turns my boy's hair to a light light blond which brings out the amazingness of their bright blue eyes.

4. Getting to relax in my comfy chair, under a big oak tree and read a book while a breeze blows. (a rarity, but nice when it happens)

5. No snow to shovel. No worry of snow to shovel.

6. Lounging in a pool listening to the giggles of my boys. Granted its a baby pool and there is no man servant bringing me cold drinks with little umbrella's but still, its a good life.

7. Flip- flops and painted toenails.

8. Dinner grilled on the bbq, never complete without corn on the cob.

9. Lemonade on the porch with my boys.

10. A new baby boy! (Thankfully not every summer, that my friends could get out of hand!)

19 comments:

  1. Yes, certainly don't want a boy every summer...every other summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic summer list. Lemonade, a book, a breeze... isn't that summer perfection? (except give me a slurpee instead of lemonade)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good book....yes! Finally, this summer, I am getting my husband to put up a hammock for me in the shade so I can finally enjoy a good book and still keep my eye on the kids in the yard!! And, I bet if you gave the kids a box of little umbrellas, they would make you a drink - it may have 50 umbrellas in one glass of lemonade, but I bet they would do it for you, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list...

    lemonaide...yummy!

    I love to read and sitting under a tree sounds so nice!

    Happy FMM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a cute little meme!
    I like the flip flop and painted toe nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm, corn on the cobb! flip-flops and painted toe nails...Gotta love it all:) I wish we were allowed to have a grill on our balcony. We'd be grilling fools!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a perfect summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. #4 sounds so peaceful and lovely! Great list...love lemonade too. I want to try and make some fresh this summer with fruit. Yum. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm! Books read in a chair under a tree...can't beat that with a stick!

    Great list! Happy FMM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The girls and i made lemonade a few weeks ago. basically i took a whole pealed lemon put it in my magic bullet with sugar and ice and yummmy.

    I hate living in the city in this apartment bc i have no place to grill when we were in Md last week we grilled all our meals

    I cant wait for you to have the baby either i'm so excited to meet him. just wish i was pregnant to
    :( damn money

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this list!!!


    Yes yes yes!! I love sandals and manicured toes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looove the longer days! It makes me feel like I haven't wasted all my time at work during the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love painted toenails! Especially bright pink ones. It's just a summery color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! Love lemonade and painted toes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's an awesome list! Corn on the cob, a good book, a pool...ahh summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer is the BEST! I love love love it! Even as humid as it gets up here, I still look forward to it ALLL the time. For real, man!

    I couldn't have sadi ti all ebtter myself... except that I'm super jealuos you have a frnt porch to drink lemonade on and a chair under a big oak tree... and cows and horses nearby... and... wait a minute - I'm just TOTALLY jealous! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the smell of fresh cut grass in the summer!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.