Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oh do I embarrass you?

My baby had his last day of school today. sigh. Flyboy is really worked up over this. He kept going on and on about it last night.

Alright so it wasn't flyboy it was me going on and on about it, and he's not actually my baby, he's four and he's my oldest, and its hardly his last day of school. In fact he hasn't even started the "real" stuff yet. But still, where is the time going?

* insert sniffle and sigh here*

Not only can he write his name, identify his letters, heck do some simple addition, but he's already embarrassed by me.

Yes folks, I embarrass my four year old.

I was apparently acting too silly today and got "Mooooooooooooooom, stop it".

Hold up. I still wipe your butt (who would have thought that adding was simpler then wiping one's own butt after pooping?) but yet my silly rendition of Alice the Camel embarrasses you?

Ah good, we are progressing as we should.

Just wait till next year the first day of preschool and I drop him off with my nursing bra unhooked or something. Hold on to your hat kiddo, if I embarrass you now just wait!

Did your parents embarrass you? (My mother used to "show" up during middle school lunch just to say hello. Ummm horrific at that age, really I'm still blushing.)

18 comments:

  1. I can't wait until I get to embarrass my kids! Of course, if Stonewall is anything like his dad, I won't have to do much because he'll take care of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom still embarrasses me to this day... mostly because she never reached a maturity level over her early 20's (at best). I love her to death, but I feel older than her 98% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! Progressing;p I never went to public school and was instead home schooled so I never experienced these joys:p But I love hearing about these stories! They make me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaaaaaaaaa.

    you guys are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty cute. My daughter will start kindergarden in 2 years...so I'm looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG thats funny. I wanna see some pictures of today

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on your kids woman - i'm not surprised that for a boy all of those other skills are more easily achievable than personal cleanliness! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom can still embarrass me to this day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when little kids do the "MOooooom" thing. It just makes me laugh.
    My Mom has embarrassed me on numerous occasions. She still threatens to show up in a mumu, fuzzy slippers, and rollers if I slip up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha! and then you can always add to that by licking your thumb and wiping smutt off his face.


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad to hear you are on the right track!!

    and my mom - don't even get me started....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww Congrats to the little man!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yeah - I loved it! PSYCH! (yes, I totally just went 90s on you, there...)

    I look forward to embarrassing my kids, now. It's gonna be AWEsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Stopping in from SITS. Love your blog. I will keep your button in mind as I am sure that I will have lots of Honest Mommy Moments in the future! Love the idea to share in the chaos! Cute story. I'm 30 and my mother still delights in embarrassing me. I guess it's a mommy privilege. Who am I to steal her joy? She's earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too funny! I say embarass away! They will only be there so long! Ha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww so cute.

    If I got sick at school (which happened lots) my mom would show up in whatever she was wearing MOMENTS after the nurse would call her. I was grateful and she knew I needed to get home ASAP but showing up in her nightgown WITH rollers in her hair DURING RECESS...

    **sigh** I love her though

    ReplyDelete
  17. On one vacation when I was young, my dad nearly beat down the door of our motel room trying to get in. Too bad it wasn't our room.

    So yeah, growing up was not embarrassment-free. Keep carrying the torch!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.