Friday, June 5, 2009

What is this.... PEACE?

Flyboy should be gracing us with his lovely self tonight. Relief would be an understatement.

I have things to clean, laundry to do, and errands to run down on post including the ever exciting grocery shopping. However. My children are leaving me alone.

Seriously there is peace and quiet to be had in this house for the first time during this trip.

No one is following me around, no one is constantly calling to see where I am and what I'm doing. They are playing, relatively, nicely together. I almost don't know what to do with myself.

Part of me feels guilty.

Am I ignoring them? No they are playing fine without me, let it go they can exist without you.

Part of me wants to get out of the house and get my commissary shopping done.

I'm a dork, I enjoy grocery shopping. I mean really, take a pregnant person who is cutting back on her shopping and put her in a store full of food and tell her she can spend money. HEAVEN!

Part of me knows that I should take advantage of my invisibility and get cleaning done.

However, how do I put this nicely, I just don't feel like it.

I feel like sitting in my glider, watch them play on my bed, yes since I started this they have moved into my room from the playroom, and just read a book.

Note to flyboy: when you read this, you may not throw this few hours of mild peace in my face when I try to explain that I need a break this weekend. Or ask why the house isn't cleaner. My story is going to be that the kids messed it up and I'm sticking with it.

Life has a sense of humor. Soon after I posted this they tired of playing nicely but on the plus side the commissary was nearly empty when we got there. Always a plus.

9 comments:

  1. Guilty?! What the heck for??? You've earned it. This is God's way of saying "here... take a break."

    I'd be ALLLL over that mes, right now, for sure!! Go sit on your keester and live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!

    Kick your feet up and have a wonderful weekend.
    You definitly deserve it.

    ~Enjoy! ~Melissa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely deserve to not do anything during this peaceful moment! So go and enjoy that glider or yours.

    Have fun with your hubby back at home this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do NOT feel guilty!!


    And enjoy every second with flyboy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of back and forth about teaching kids yourself, and how early is too early. Imagine the looks I get when people see Aidan read. I'm either accused of "hothousing" her or they think she's a freak. I'd lie about her age except for the fact she looks younger than she is... Alpha Phonics is great to start with ... no pictures or fluff.. just words.. Explode the Code series usually is considered "fun" by kids. There are so many ways and resources out there! It's fun looking at them all. Also, I've gotten that comment about school teaching her as well...I shut them up by saying she'll be homeschooled. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. After flying time you should get at least 3 hours of Mom time. It's only fair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah, I love your last comment about life having a sense of humor. I always end up not being able to bite my tongue about something good and sure enough as soon as I say it, it comes back to bite me in the ass! ;)

    Yaya for getting to do some shopping (even if it is at the grocery store!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think i ruined your piece and quiet by calling also sorry

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.