Friday, June 26, 2009

Why is it?

Why is it that.....

- ice cream taste soooo much better when it's eaten out of the carton? And not shared. At all.

- as I painstakingly spent hours making cupcakes from scratch and then decorating each and everyone for dash-1's last day of school, dash-2 took my being occupies as his cue to eat a puzzle.

Yeah that's right, he ate a puzzle. Four pieces. Well he more nibbled them to the point I had to throw the puzzle away but still.

- I couldn't find my cold cream the other night and my mascara was irritating my eyes so I thought, I know! I'll just rub a little bit of soap very carefully just on my eyelashes. I mean I know they tell you to keep soap away from your eyes but surely they weren't talking about me.

In case your wondering how it went down, it stung so bad I actually was hopping up and down in the shower while I tried to get it all out. I am an idiot.

- your kids can bug you all morning to go do something and the second your ready to leave the house, they decide that they are too engrossed in what they are doing to leave.

- when you have a craving, no one else around you has the same one and therefore doesn't so much see the matter of life and death need to get it fulfilled?

- speaking of cravings, when you have a craving, say oh I don't know, for Black Bottom cupcakes, you can not for the life of you find them in a store. (I'm hyperlinking to a pic of them because everyone I've mentioned this too claims to not know what I'm talking about)

WHY IS IT?!

and dont forget AWESOME giveaway at the post below!! There is still time to enter!

19 comments:

  1. ice cream really does taste better from the carton!

    and cupcakes taste better than eating cake... i wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE ICECREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come visit and i'l make you some of those cupcakes. If you told me before yesterday i would have dropped them off this weekend. Hmmm i wonder if i could mail them

    oh and did i mention i hate puzzles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...ice cream is amazing when it's all yours and out of the carton. I might just have to go get some today....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those black bottom cupcakes! Thank God my kids stopped eating puzzles, lol...now if I could just get the dog to stop eating legos!!! As far as the cleaning products go...I have finally gotten rid of all the miscellaneous bottles of products and am strictly on vinegar and borax for everything...CHEAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icecream and cupcakes...yummm! And my kids do that all the time. First they are begging me to take them somewhere and then when we all are finally ready to go, they are occupied with something else. Story of my life...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not good about sharing my ice cream either. Ice cream is my one true downfall. haha
    And I understand about the cravings, when I get them my husband looks at my like I'm crazy. Thanks for explaining black bottom cupcakes, I had never heard of them before but they look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im pretty sure that I can get those cupcakes at a bakery by my house. But alas... Im pretty sure you dont live in the Metro Detroit area. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time, try baby shampoo to remove the makeup. that's what I have been using for years.... even before I had it around for the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha..I agree with the ice cream bit! So very true!

    You really must be on a wave for those blackbottom cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Puzzle piece cupcakes, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm... I've never heard of them before, but now I absolutely have GOT to have one!! Seriously... what ar eyou doing to me?!

    PS: Hopefully when our Mil-Pay gets squared away you'll get your pay-it-forward gift. I promise I'm not a slacker... just broke!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know why that is, but oh WOW did you just make me a believer in those cupcakes! I will try to make them VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sooo i don't think i have to tell you this but i LOVED THIS POST!!!!!!


    make some more and send em my way!!! in the meantime i want pics of this puzzle eating man! sounds terribly mischievous and terribly cute all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello black bottom cupcakes!! seriously you put cream cheese in anything and i am there!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Junior eats acorns and sand, so maybe he and -2 could finish off a puzzle together and polish it off with a half bottle of chocolate syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmmmm...yeah, I would so crave those cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. By the way you have a tag/award waiting for you on my blog. Check it out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for that link! Oliver came home months ago talking about some chocolate cupcakes with a cream filling that someone had brought into work one day. He wanted me to make some, but I had no idea where to find a recipe. This looks exactly like what he described, so I'm gonna try them out.

    Wyatt does that to me all the time; complains about doing something, then balking the instant I'm ready because the Legos are calling. Argh!!! Why do I have the sinking feeling that is only going to get worse as he gets older?

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.