Monday, June 29, 2009

Lovin life

My life is pretty darn good. My kids are pretty darn good. My marriage rocks. And my figures, well, three out of four aint bad.

Being honest is a two way street. If I'm going to share all my hair raising mommy secrets (you know like secretly loathing the park, my inability to get my kids to listen to me and what not) I should share the good stuff too. And lately I've been taking note of the good stuff.

Who know's maybe its a shift in the hormones. But even as my kids drive me crazy, as they occasionally do, I'm pulling myself back faster into recognizing how very lucky I am. This may spark debate in some of the mommy circles, whether your kids should be your life or not, but to me, they are.

Perhaps that's why the burn out occurs, but you know what, they are mine, I birthed em, I'll raise 'em. And soon enough they will be out of the house and standing on their own feet like the man I married.

*sniffle sniffle* I hope they marry nice girls who remind them to call home. sigh.

Anyways, young mom/wife wrote an honest mommy post today, she's having a bit of a go with her Wee One, and I put something in the comments that just slipped out. No, not sell him on ebay, although that does slip out a lot around here. But that the bad moments help us to enjoy the good moments.

Parenting is almost like the seasons, you need those barren, nasty days of winter, when nothing seems to be going right and your sanity, like the days seems to turn dark before you want it too, to really appreciate the beauty and relaxing calm of the spring, those days when life just clicks.

Who knows, perhaps that's a bit out there. I have a feeling flyboy is going to read this and ask me what the hell crazy juice I've been drinking.

Motherhood is tough. Often times it is REALLY tough, but oh so totally worth it. I can't imagine my life without them. Life wouldn't be the same without the hugs and the kisses, without someone picking me flowers, roots and all, without a little hand reaching up to hold mine, even though it's clearly covered in some mysterious substance.
Life wouldn't have the same zest to it. Or the same purpose.
And by the way... the winner of the EcoStore 2 product giveaway was SUSAN! Thanks to all who entered. I have a couple more giveaway's planned for the summer so there are more chances to win something free. Free rocks.

12 comments:

  1. What a great post! Gives me hope for my own parenting capabilities (which hopefully won't be put to use for some time yet). I might even send this to my sister, who is expecting in November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very right - it's the whole span of experience that makes the good moments so good. This is true of lots of things, but it's probably harder to recognize in parenting when there's so much pressure to be "the perfect mom".

    And BTW, no I wasn't planning on my last post being the only one in June, thanks for the little motivational comment to get another one out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comment. I really did appreciate it. And today I am trying to relish his hugs and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great reminder, I think I need a refrigerator magnet saying something like that.

    and YEA!!! Thanks for having the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a mom, but what you said totally makes sense. Mark and I talked babies the other night and we may be trying a bit sooner than we thought. Like after Benning, soon. It's fun to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I agree with you. My daughter may be going crazy, and jumping off the couch and into everything... but she will just stop and look at me and say "hi", smile and give me huge hug.

    I cant be mad after that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. It's true... without the bad, it's hard to appriciate the good. And vice versa.

    Also, I love my wrap. sleepywrap.com. It's really making a difference because when he's sleeping in it- he's sleeping on me but I can still get up and DO stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sniffle sniffle*

    Now I'm getting baby fever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only had 6 months of this parenting thing so far, but I already know exactly what you're talking about. And it makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed! I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad everything seems to be going well for you right now!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.