Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yet another HANDY tip

This tip is amazing. Again I had to share. You guys out there are probably thinking, "Wow, she's really nifty over there."

No. Hardly. I am forced to be by a little 20 mth old who while adorable as adorable can be is shifty and sneaky.

Twice now I while I have been occupied he has climbed in the desk chair, pulled himself over to the desk, climbed onto said desk to help himself to the pens. He has clicked it to get the pen out and then drawn ALL over my screen.

TWICE this has happened in the past week.

I know I know. I'm a idiot for not figuring out some way to prevent it but I thought our talk would have done something.

Stop laughing out there.

Any who.... the tip. To get ballpoint pen off an LCD monitor before your husband has a heart attack and waste a couple hundred getting another one because he claims the pen marks are giving him a headache here's what you do.

Take a slightly damp rag and place some hand soap (I used Bath and Body Work Foaming Antibacterial in Fresh Rain scent in case you were wondering) right on the marks and rub. Some come out right quick and some take a little more elbow grease. But I can report NO DAMAGE to my screen. Or my husbands heart.

We are now in talks of getting a gate for the office.

14 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you discovered this tip! I can only imagine the look on your face when you discovered the pen all over the LCD screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My TV is covered in crayon. A master piece I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're brave for even trying soap on it! I'm glad you got it out. I'm storing your helpful tips in the memory bank for when I have kids. (note to self: keep all pens, crayons, and markers under lock and key!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how i love your handy tips.

    and the smell of bath and body fresh rain...

    who knew a computer screen could smell so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Where do you find this kind of information?? Is there a secret website to find out how to solve these problems??

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter grabbed a pen and drew on the screen while I WAS ON THE COMPUTER! I couldn't believe it! It's been a good three or four days, but I'm going to give your pen tip a try. Hopefully it'll come out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking through pen scribbles on my screen right now... I'm off to grab the soap and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip. I've got a pen mark on mine as well and wasn't really sure if anything could be done about it without ruining the screen.

    **off to get soap and cloth now**

    Happy POW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tip! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good to know. In case I ever get the urge to draw on my fience's TV! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. i tried that... with crayon... and it didn't work so well. of course that didn't have anything to do with the fact that i was scared to scrub too hard for fear of actually scratching the screen... as if the crayon wasn't there to begin with! if it were MY screen i would have scrubbed that baby til it came out... and now hearing this, i might just try it again

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will remember that one--thanks!

    Happy POW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd definitely invest in a gate.

    It never ceases to amaze me how quick they can get up to no good when you turn your back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now THAT is a tip I need!!!

    Oh and in case you ever need it....hand sanitizer will get pens marks off a sofa. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.