Sunday, August 3, 2008

How do you frost THAT cake?

I'm having a hard time making up my mind when it comes to election '08. Let me clarify, I have no doubts who I'll be voting for but I'm having a hell of a time picking out what sticker to get for my car. Not to get all political here but I'm a solid red stater who will stand behind who my party is nominating because I happen to think he is hands down the better man for the job.

So anyways that aside I'm on the McCain site and he's got some great stickers (this is not why I'm voting for him its just a bonus). Trying to find a sticker that flyboy wont poo poo me for, apparently the pink Moms for McCain sticker would not be appreciated, while I'm surfing around online I hear something on the tv that makes me almost drop the laptop.

I had Bridezilla's on in the background. I know I know good wholesome, educational tv right? Well the kids were in bed and it was mommy time. Meanwhile they had a very classy (insert sarcasm here) bride who wanted to have a grooms cake made into a... umm... lets see how to put this delicately, a lower part of the female anatomy. A vajay-jay as The Soup would call it.

WHAT?! Are. You. Serious.

The baker looked like she wanted to die, the brides sister looked like she wanted to crawl into a hole. And the bride didn't give up easily. She actually kept digging the hole further and asked for, ahem, lets just say tactile effects for accuracy. Thankfully at that point the sister really put her foot down and the baker held firm that she wouldn't do such a cake.

Really though, who thinks that a cake like that would be funny in the same room as your in laws, your grandparents, and CHILDREN? Perhaps I'm just really fuddy duddy. We didn't do a grooms cake, our wedding was pretty small, but had we I would have thought about getting something simple with maybe the Marine emblem on it. Not part of my anatomy that should be, and is, covered at ALL times.

Hey I suppose variety is the spice of life and it takes all sorts to make the world go round. I just kept picturing my minister or flyboy's grandmother sitting right next to a cake like that. Oh could you imagine?

I wonder if she'll ever get her vajay-jay cake... maybe there going to do that instead of the traditional top of the cake for their first anniversary.

11 comments:

  1. I really don't know what to say about a cake like that...

    but, I'll need to check out the McCain site for a sticker. I just received a free one in the mail, and it is really boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh...yeah. She needs to bake the darned thing herself and then frost it and give it to her hubby PRIVATELY...seriously...a va-jay-jay cake? ick. ON SO MANY LEVELS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. I almost wish she had because I'd love to see the pictures, haha!!! We did a groom's cake, but it was designed to look like a basketball court with my husband's favorite team on it....no private parts for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to figure out the logistics of making such a cake and I can't wrap my brain around it. Terrifying. I don't think that baker could have charged enough money for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. roflmao

    Oh my. And everything they already said. That's just all I can say!

    I like the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same problem regarding a widget for my blog. I'm all for McCain, but I had a heck of a time picking a widget that I liked.

    As for Bridezilla's...I was watching that too!! I was eating dinner and some of it definitely came out of my nose when she asked for that cake. I love how classy these brides can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT?! They should've let her have her cake just to shame her. I can't even imagine what was going through her head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is terrible!

    Think of the wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL I'm so not picking on you, but you made me laugh out loud. And, your post reminded of an episode of "Desperate Housewives" when Bree and her new husband are *clears throat* between the sheets and he was about to do something non-conservative, if you catch my drift:

    Bree: Excuse me. Did you lose something?
    Orson: No. I just thought... for you.
    Bree: Oh, um. I don't do that.
    Orson: Why not?
    Bree: I'm a republican.
    Orson: I'm a libertarian. I believe in minimizing the role of the state and maximizing individual rights.
    Bree: But Orson?!
    Orson: Trust me. I know what I'm doing.

    At any rate, I'm all for unique weddings, and I'm not exactly conservative, but that cake is a bit over the top. Oy! I suppose to each his own though. Can you imagine the guests faces?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my holy hand grenade!
    Thank goodness that baker refused or it would have been unsightly...literally.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.