Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Did I get mail?

I've been trying to come up with something to do for the boys. So often daddy is here when they go to bed and then when they wake up he's gone, sometimes for a day or two, sometimes for weeks and weeks. It's getting to the point that Dash-1 asks every night, usually several times a night, if flyboy will be here tomorrow.

So I've been thinking.... what to do.....what to do....

And when I was getting the last can of green beans out of the little box for dinner it hit me.

Mail.

Dash-1 and I (all right so it was mainly me) took the box and wrapped it with brown paper. Careful to leave the little flap because every good mailbox has a door. When it was finished it looked great. Much better then the ones I used to make in grade schools for my valentines. Good to see my crafting has come a long way since then.

The mailbox right now has a place at the corner of the dinning room table. Flyboy puts a little note in it at night and when he's away I'll put notes and treats in there from him.

Dash-1 got so excited when he got his first note from flyboy that he was jumping up and down, hugging the letter, and wanted to call flyboy to thank him right away. Apparently dash-1 was so loud on the phone the eight guys that were briefing at that moment could hear him. Dash-2's excited was a bit more underwhelming but that goes with the age.

Who knows how long they'll find this exciting. I hope for a while. I'm enjoying it as much as they are.

10 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! Everyone loves mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that's such a great idea!

    Thanks for the comment yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the coolest idea ever! I'll have to try it next time J leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea. I gotta try it when Hubby goes away

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! Even at the ripe age of 25 I still love getting mail from my parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome idea. Sadly, my mailbox is littered with bills and junk mail.

    I'll send you mail if you'll send me some :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh friend what a great idea!!

    can i send mail too??

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful, thoughful idea. I bet this will be a wonderful memory for your boys as they grow up, as well as making the separations much more bareable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! I'm sure he loved it, as well as Flyboy :)
    So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.