Thursday, August 14, 2008

library find

The boys and I have recently discovered the nice little, I mean really little, library over in our village. It doesn't have much in the way of books for me (however you can order them from other libraries in the system) but it has an amazing children's section.

We love books in our house. I want them to have books that they have grown up reading but seriously, this pace must slow down. The bookshelves are full and well I can either save for college or keep buying my kids book. So we investigated the library.

We took this book out yesterday and it's fast become a favorite. Its a great little book about the relationship between a cub and his daddy (in case you couldnt tell from the cover).

Kinda strange having mom read it I suppose, but I thought it would be nice for the boys to read while daddy is away. To see all the fun stuff they can do with daddy when he gets home.... before he leaves again in a few days.

This is a good book for all of you with husbands here and there or for those of you with husbands home everynight to tuck in the little ones.This would make a great fathers day or coming home present. Especially with some little hand prints in the cover to dedicated it to the big guy.

Dash-2 roared the whole time and kept saying "dada dada" but Dash-1 got really into it. Every page he would talk about the stuff that him and flyboy do, how strong his daddy is, and how one day he's going to be just like him. Be still my heart on that one.

This maybe one library find that I buy for our shelves. Damn it the library is supposed to be saving me money!



4 comments:

  1. We own that book...my boy LOVES it! We read it, and it doesn't matter whether I read it or dad...he just loves it. Got it at the school book fair (for a better price than bookstores, lol). Too bad my boy wasn't outgrowing it, I'd send it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay library!! :-D

    That book sounds really cute! I may get that for my newest nephew to grow into - he's 8 months. His older brother is probably a little too old for that - he's 4.5 years.

    I can't wait to take my kids to the library. I loved the library so much when I was a kid, I used to just beg my mom to take me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep saying we've got to get rid of books, stop buying so many books, etc. And we use the library. But still, our books are taking over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you've been going into the library!

    I wish I saved more money by using the library too, and I work there! It is really crazy how many books I have to have for my own library!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.