Friday, January 8, 2010

Valentine's day swap ideas

Anyone up for another swap?

Valentine's day is right around the corner and shoot, why not celebrate with another swap. Especially since most of us being military wives/girlfriends we don't always have our loves around for Valentines day. We can celebrate with each other!

That and getting mail that isn't bills is exciting.

I haven't thought it out much so I'm very welcoming of any feedback. So far what I'm thinking is much the same, a $10 limit. The part I'm curious about is whether people would want to swap candy and cookies or if exchanging food products with a "stranger" is bothersome. I know my partner and I for the ornament trade both included cookies with our ornaments and both of us are still alive so it worked out.

{And by the way I might rig the swap so I get her again she makes some AWESOME brown sugar cookies.}

So I could always have two separate swaps, one for candy/cookies/homemade type stuff and one for anything non food with a $10 limit.

Thoughts are welcome....

15 comments:

  1. I'd participate! But I think one exchange would be just perfect. To include food and nonfood items. Because there is no such thing Valentine's gifts without chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also participate. I meant to do the Christmas ornament one, but forgot to sign up. And I also think one swap with food and nonfood would be just fine, because I like to get mail and I like cookies, so I imagine getting cookies in the mail would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm down for cookies, thats one thing I miss from my husband not being home. He used to make me cupcakes...now I have to make them myself. Plus its nice to make things for other people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd do it again, but I want the non-food one... not because I wouldn't love getting yummy things, but becasue I don't have any yummy things that I could send in return! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna, I wanna! I will send things from my foreign land and maybe I will bake something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved loved loved the Christmas swap and would totally do it again... hmm, maybe i prefer the non-food one?

    either way, no biggie for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am wanting some Valentine's Day mail love, LOL . . . hmmmm, no blow up dolls though; how was that for funny? Totally kidding . . . I so loved these things and will be around to get something together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love swaps! I'm a new reader...even though I'm not an army wife...can I still join in?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am down. I didn't participate in the Christmas one, but wish I had because it looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking people are more into the non food trade...maybe we can do handmade Valentine's. Like the X-mas exchange...could work, then you could throw in a pack of sweet tarts or something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm hosting a Valentine's Swap on my blog right now if you're interested in joining :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummm of course!!! I loved the Christmas exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally enjoyed the Christmas exchange and would be down for Vday as well.

    I'm guessing that the people that get paired up can decide if they trust each other...I mean... if they want to do food or not. lol.

    You know, when I told my BFF what I was doing the first thing was "you are going to each something a stranger sent you in the mail?" Uh, yeah, and I expect her to eat mine too so we're both living on the edge! I'm here still here.... jokes on her for not getting random yummy Christmas cookies herself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in either way. I like food! Food doesn't scare me but maybe take SS's advice and leave the food option up to the people paired up?

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.