Friday, January 29, 2010

a little nip tuck

Someone in the flyboy house is having a little nard work done.

{And in case your wondering nard.... balls, nuts, testicles, need I go on?}

Alright so technically its not nard surgery, his balls are fine, its the extra stuff that likes to visit them from time to time that needs to be fixed. But I find it funny to say nard work. And sometimes you have to find the humor in things.

And how often am I going to have the occasion to say nard work?

But enough about the nards.

We took dash-3 down to see a pediatric surgeon and he does indeed have a hernia which needs to be fixed most ricky tick, {I'm just filled with funny sayings today aren't I?} lest those intestines that like to come down for a visit decide to stay and turn into a house guest that wont go home. Then we are in a heap of trouble.

He had his surgery clearance appointment this morning at our military clinic and the surgery was scheduled for Monday before we were even home.

When the surgeon said better sooner then later he wasn't kidding. And proof that I need to cut tric*re some slack.

The surgery itself is fairly simple and clear cut {nothing like a surgery pun}, we are lucky enough to be having it done at a fantastic, top notch children's hospital. Actually, top notch doesn't even do it justice. It's legendary around here. Dash-1 had a procedure done there a few years ago and everything about the experience was great.

{Well except that he had to have a procedure there.}

My parent's changed their getaway plans to come up to help out with the other dash boys. {My father is missing out on Savannah and all that good food to come freeze his arse off up where it was a mere 16 degrees today. He's a good man.} Thankfully Flyboy will be here for the surgery and then has to jet off the following day.

But I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous. He'll be exactly five months old, five months old and 14 lbs and he'll be going under general anesthesia, that's the part that makes me nervous. 5mths and 14 lbs is a little guy, little guys have a much smaller threshold for error.

But positive thoughts positive thoughts. And nard jokes. Those are always funny.

21 comments:

  1. My friends son had this procedure done (a.k.a. nard work). He had just turned two. He came out of it like a champ, and I'm sure your guy will too. I'll send lots of happy thoughts and prayers for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parents are wonderful! :)

    I will be saying a prayer, but I am sure he will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope he's okay! My older sister had a double hernia operation at only 6 weeks and recovered just fine...I'm sure dash 3 will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saying lots of prayers for your family, and sending lots of happy thoughts your little mans way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed for you. And I'm glad to hear you have such a top notch facility there.

    Your parents clearly rock.

    I hope his nard work goes, uh, smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, poor little guy! I'm sure all will be well though. I'll be thinking of you guys on Monday morning.

    PS- I always hated seeing Dillon go under anesthesia too. He had to have it done every 3 months for CT scans (because he was too young to hold still enough) for ages. Didn't matter how many times he had it done and sailed through with flying colors- I still always hated it. So I totally get how you feel on that note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, poor guy. Lots of positive thoughts for you all. I understand your worry, there are few things that freak me out more as a mom than anesthesia. ((hugs))

    And I think that's the first time I've read "nard" in a sentence, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hee hee...you said nard. Praying for you guys...and his little nards. really...hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope all goes fantastic with the surgery and recovery! How scary for such a little guy, but how great that you live near a good children's hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor baby! I have a feeling it'll be worse for mom the Dash-3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of prayers...and he is a little guy! I am glad that you are a great hospital. Please keep us updated

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the nard work goes well, I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be thinking of you guys! Good luck, Dash-3!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will be in my prayers.. and yes your family does rock for passing up a trip to Savannah! :) I'm glad you can make jokes about the situation... jokes can help you get through some of the hardest times. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure everything will end up being just fine! Happy thoughts to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, poor kid! Although, there is something undeniably funny about the word nard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwww....poor little peanuts. :-( Positive thoughts and prayers for the little guy and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am thinking good thoughts that everything goes smoothly today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dude, I am so sorry, I have been so slow on the commenting.

    Hope everything went OK.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.