Sunday, January 3, 2010

Adios Xmas

Christmas is officially over.

Everything is back in its respective tubs, the tree has been dragged out to the woods {or where ever flyboy drags it too but I imagine its the woods}, and all the boxes are back up in the attic.

This is my least favorite part of the holiday, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that I'm in the majority on this. This is also the only time of the holiday season that I start to think that perhaps all you folks out there with fake trees have the right idea.

Usually we leave the tree up and the house decorated just a little bit longer but for some reason that eludes us our tree went on a liquid strike and was bone dry and well, the thought of our tree either going up in flames or falling over while decorated didn't sound so appealing.

Great blog fodder but not appealing. In the least.

We've already had one tree fall over, completely decorated, in the middle of the night. In case you were wondering its a mess. We haven't had a tree catch on fire yet but again, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that that makes a helluva mess.

Tomorrow marks the real start to 2010, flyboy goes back to work after holiday leave and dash-1 starts back to school. {Is it wrong that I'm smiling. A lot. }

Sigh. I think I've had my fill of holidays until next year. Anyone else feel that way?

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I had a wonderful holiday this year, but I was so happy when it was all over. It was nice to get back into a routine again and not have the decorations up everywhere. We also had a crappy tree this year. It was enough for me to jump on the fake tree bandwagon. I picked up one the day ofter Christmas. I'll let you know how I like it next year~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I love the holidays, but when they are over I am DONE! Can't wait til school starts again tomorrow, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The real tree it better!! We had to get a fake one and we hate having to fluff it out and then crush it all up and try to get it to fit back into the box. No fun at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm over the Christmas spirit that's for sure. My dh bought a fake tree on sale this year, so we'll be trying it out for next year. But I do love a real tree, I don't think it's going to be the same. The post-Christmas ritual, though, I can definitely live without (our tree is languishing over in a corner as I type this, ugh.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always have a fake tree. Ummmm....we have two of them. One year I got a deal on one that was pre-lit, and that sounded so much easier than wrapping leaves with lights.

    I prefer to take it down the minute we are done wrapping presents, but that never works out.

    My kids are out till Thursday, I am flying them out to you to fill the void of Dash-1 going to school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm bummed it's over. Of course, I'm the one that gets all the kids that parents are ready to send back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sad that Christmas is gone. Our main tree is real and we had to take it down yesterday. It was just getting too dried out and since it had fell over in the night about 3 days after we first got it, we were SO lucky it made it this long.

    Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.