Thursday, January 21, 2010

Child's play

My kids are playing a game of illegal alien.

Yeah let that one wash over you for a second.

I have a lot of housework to get done today but yet here I am blogging about this. Waste of time? Perhaps but really a game of illegal alien, that's blog fodder that writes itself.

I was in the bathroom straightening my hair and I heard dash-1 yell "Your an alien, an illegal alien! Get back here!" to dash 2. There are moments in parenting when you find yourself asking, hmmm do I really want to know? this was one of those.

I tried to think about what they could possibly be playing, had they built some giant fence in our playroom? {proving that indeed a fence could be built} Had they heard me watching Border Wars {check it out on the National Geographic channel its fantastic} and now they were acting out scenes.

Hmmmm... scary and no doubt this is going to reflect poorly on the parenting skills of flyboy and I.

Or worse.... could my kids have become bleeding heart liberals?!

{I kid I kid}

So I stuck my head in the door, sucked it up and asked. "Dash-1 did I hear you yell something about illegal aliens?"

He looks at me like he's in trouble. Crap. This is never good.

"Ummmmm"

"Bubba" {my affectionate pet name for him since he was a baby} "You're not in trouble, I'm just curious, how does this game go"

"well, dash-2 is an alien from Mars and he didn't pay his taxes on his rocket ship so he's in trouble."

Ah well. Dodged that bullet.

Now if your curious about the taxes, that's thanks to flyboy. He has a game he likes to play with the boys, its called tax collector. He chases after the boys and tells them that they didn't pay their taxes on their boat or whatever and then tries to catch them as they run screaming, "Aunt Nancy can't take my money!".

Yes, yes, I was right, this would come back on the parenting skills of flyboy and I. Sweeeeet.

Like I said before, this is why we are saving for therapy AND college. Saving for college just doesn't seem like a safe enough bet.



Don't forget! Valentine swap sign up {click here} and lollipop giveaway {click here} that is if you haven't lost all respect for me and have immediately stopped following the blog upon reading this post.

22 comments:

  1. Oh this is great! I love it!

    Left you something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, you sound like excellent parents to me :) I can just imagine the kind of thing SoldierMan will want to teach our kids. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure it won't involve the little ditties his parents taught him involving things like the "N" word. And they wonder why I call them racists. Now THAT would be bad parenting. Teaching kids to fear the taxman however is just good life lessons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute! I love what kids come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was laughing so hard at this that I almost choked and died on my diet coke. Seriously, hysterical. I love that they run away from "Aunt Nancy", hahahahahaha.

    I hope we can be as cool of parents as yall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, for one, am glad that your children are committed to tackling the serious problem of Martians soaking up our Earthling resources without making due contribution to the common good of this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hilarious. You're not a bad parent at all, we are all teaching our kids life lessons, most of the time on accident! :) Sounds like when I caught my daughter-4 playing store, she told her sister-1 "I can't sell you that necklace!" I asked her why and she responded with, the conmy (she was shooting for EconOmy) is aweful, it's not on sale anymore!"
    It's great the things we teach our children with out even realizing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That had me laughing so hard. Very funny. Good news is that they are so going to be prepared to be good tax paying citizens.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tax thing is just as funny and weird as the illegal aliens thing just so you know. That's funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny. I wondered if our kids were cloned until I remembered that I only have girls... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! And we LOVE Border Wars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't even thought to save for therapy. My kids are screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Kids say the darndest things =).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!! I wish I had half the imagination my kids do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For a minute there I was having flash backs to when we lived along the Arizona border, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to be a fly in the wall at yalls house!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my favorite posts ever. You have some smart cookies on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's just hilarious! I love kids' imaginations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You better teach those kids the real way to play illegal alien. Get em some handcuffs and a fence. Tell 'em not to worry though- as soon as they get caught they will get right back out so they can play again! (And key to this is teaching them what to say if they get caught- I just want to work!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh the times we live in. That's hysterical!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.