Thursday, April 10, 2008

A little of this a little of that

Ask and ye shall receive, well simple stuff anyways. Bitter betty asked to see some pics of the nibble marks. The first pic is a picture of our porch before it became a tasty appetizer for the wildlife. Its the column on the left that's the target of whatever.


No way this is the work of a feral kitten. Flyboy was talking to someone at the squadron about it the other day and he had a very similar problem. He couldn't catch it in the trap either, so he got a bigger trap. The first night he ended up with a bobcat. And a large one at that. Over the next couple days the damage continued, he ended up all said and done with three large bobcats. Fantastic. I got animal kingdom in my front yard. Flyboy said the boys are totally safe unless I let them run around unsupervised at 1 am. Then we might have a problem.

On an unrelated note, since flyboy is gone I found myself doing a little bit of organizing, mainly in the office which he likes to refer to as his "man den". I came across some of his citations for his air medals, I thought you got the medal and the certificate, I didn't know that they give you something with a whole explanation as to why you received it. I suppose that makes sense, flyboy is just kinda the type of guy who just files it away. He doesn't say too much about what he did over there, of course he doesn't say much about anything. I asked once and his reply really was, "a little bit of this, a little bit of that.". Sometimes he gets really long winded and will see something on the military or history channel and tell me stuff but I'm getting the PG version.

What's the saying, ignorance is bliss? Holy crap ain't that the truth! I figured he did some dicey stuff during his combat tours, I'm not a moron, but I kinda wish I didn't know as much as I know now.

Really, sometimes ignorance IS bliss.

13 comments:

  1. EEK! That is serious house nibbling. What in the world? (Your house is so cute by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobcats? That wouldn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. Good thing you don't leave the boys outside at one in the morning, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is more than nibbling...that is full on dining! Hopefully you catch the mystery creatures soon. Is there anything nearby like Animal Control that yall can call? Maybe the would be more specialized/trained to deal with large house-eating creatures...I just have this horrible mental image of you guys trying to catch these things yourselves and it ending very badly....

    ReplyDelete
  4. mary- thanks it is a very charming house... qirks and all.

    kelly- yeah when flyboy said bobcats he actually preceeded his comments with "It could be worse, it could be bears" (we have a little bear problem up here the past few years)

    dar- HA! I got a very good laugh out of your comment. This is going to end interesting to say the least. flyboy is talking about bringing home his night vision goggles, I think he needs a hobby. I meet the animal control lady when there was a lose minature pony roaming around (I know I know where do I live!?!) and she's a moron. I tihnk the landlord, his older boys, and flyboy are viewing this as some sort of weird, fun, excersise now. great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobcats and bears? Oh my! You are living in an episode of animal planet ;)

    Hope that you're able to safely catch whatever critter it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope it's a bobcat, and I really hope flyboy catches it with his night vision goggles on... if for no other reason than that would make a fabulous wordless wednesday picture! :) - Maybe it's a baby of some sort... teething perhaps? Albeit a rather LARGE baby... that is some serious nibbling.

    I feel better at the ignorance IS bliss comment :) I totally get the PG version as well... if I get ANY version, and now I'm thinking maybe I would just rather not know :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in the same mouse boat. Although it looks a little big to be mice. Elephants amybe

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that is def. NOT a cat. No way jose. I wonder what is gnawing on that? Maybe a woodchuck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It could always be worse - watch out for Gorillas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please please please tell me that you will be armed with your camera when Flyboy hunts the mystery creature(s) down at 1 am with his night vision goggles...please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. dar- how in the WORLD could I not be! oh I'm there, I'm so there...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Something is definitely getting lunch taken care of! I have to say that I am at a loss for what it could be as well! Since when do bobcats chew wood? Well, if they do, shows how much I know, huh?

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.