Thursday, April 3, 2008

The five things about me MeMe

A week or two ago I stumbled on a great blog, The Roaming Southerner. Written by a transplanted southerner about her life and various other observations. Very funny and very worth reading. Well what do you know she's tagged me for a MeMe. I am starting to feel so loved.

Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog.

Here it goes... The five things about me MeMe

What I was doing ten years ago:

1. Watched my love graduate from boot camp down at Parris Island (well that was ten years ago earlier this fall but close)
2. Graduated from high school with some rather large hair
3. met my other half, my very best friend, my dear bitter betty
4. bitter betty and I actually got our scissors and alphabetizing duties taken away at the job we shared (more on that one)
5. learned the very high ups and very low downs of a long distance relationship

5 things on my to-do list today
1. try to get both boys to nap at the same time
2. to get some tulip bulbs for the boys and I to plant
3. laundry, laundry, laundry, and no doubt... more laundry
4. call my in laws
5. clean the kitchen, make a detailed shopping list, then hit the commissary

5 snacks I enjoy
1. a nice fountain coca cola
2. a cold can of coca cola if said fountain isn't available (I really don't snack much, I prefer to drink my calories in coca cola)
3. strawberries and low fat cool whip
4. McDonald's french fries
5. Pretzel from Sam's club (they are the tastiest of all the pretzels out there)

5 things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. set aside a nice chunk of change for the kids in the form of trust and enough for any schooling they would desire
2. provide for my parents in retirement, get my dad the house on the water that he wants and let him and my mom enjoy no doing much of anything, just fishing and playing with the grand kids
3. buy a house or two. Nothing overly fancy but with plenty of open space for the boys
4. travel, travel, travel with flyboy. He's been all over the world and I haven't. It'd be great to get to share new experiences with him.
5. let flyboy get some of the "big boy" toys he dreams of, an airplane, a four wheeler, a few Jeeps. He works so hard to provide for us its the least I could do for him.

5 bad habits
1. I leave kitchen cabinet doors open. I never noticed this but apparently it eats away at flyboy. Then one day I walked into the kitchen and EVERY cabinet door was open. It is obnoxious.
2. I bite my finger nails. a lot.
3. I have been known to curse. a lot.
4. I hold a grudge for a looooooong time.
5. Irish temper. Need I say anymore?

5 places I've lived
1. the 'dorf in MD for the early years (yes bitter betty, I spent my formative years in 'dorf. yikes)
2. LP in southern MD for the later part of the early years
3. Baltimore for college
4. Catonsville MD in a crappy but large apartment after college
5. up in the frigid Northeast where uncle sam has sent us for all too long (kinda sketchy I'm sorry)

5 jobs I've had
1. financial aide at the local community college (I meet bitter betty there, that was the only good that job had. We worked with a bunch of catty older women who treated us like morons. we weren't even allowed to alphabetize. sigh)
2. Suncoast at the mall (do you know how many people would come in and ask if we sold movies?)
3. Early Intervention Service Coordinator for little ones birth -3 in Baltimore City. Let me tell you that was eye opening at how some people treat their children like the gifts that they are and how some treat them worse then the garbage on the street.
4. Special Education with DODEA. Loved it, absolutely loved it.
5. Current job - Mom/Wife/ Domestic Goddess

All right now I have to tag five people and see if they will be so kind as to fill this out with their info and post it on their blog.

Bitter Betty at Winter of Discontent - She's way more witty so I'd love to see her comments on our shared work experience. She is a great friend and I'm hoping she'll do this for me.

Sarge Charlie - I hope this MeMe isn't too girly for you, but your such an interesting guy!

Kasey at Hurry Up and Wait - She was saying a little while back that she didn't have much to post about... well now you do!

JrzyArmyWife at View from the War (Home) Front - She's very funny and has her hands full with work and a little one while her hubby is away. I have a crap ton of respect for her. However I know she'll be a little busy for a little bit while she entertains an out of town guest.

Lindsay aka Corn at USO Girls- I know this doesn't really fit the USO/military theme of the blog but Corn is hiliarious, I mean come on with a nickname like corn aren't you curious to know more about her?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't been doing these lately but your comment about me has tempted me, maybe sunday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! I just finished mine.

    Also, I laughed about the cabinet door bit..I would go nuts if we ever roomed together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff...I do the cabinet door thing...I esp. leave stuff too far out that makes it not close all the way...drives my hubs crazy!

    Thanks for doing the Meme and the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. I'm totally doing it... prolly tonight after punkin goes to sleep. thanx for all the nice stuff you said about me.... you rule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and one more thing.. growing up in "the 'dorf" you totally know the kids from Good Charlotte don't you,LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really fun. I feel like I know so much about you, now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wendy- and will you keep coming back now?! : )

    sarge- you know you wanna.... ; )

    roaming- it was a fun little meme, thanks for tagging me and its nice to know that someone else leaves the doors open.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post gave me such a smile. This would mean you know how to pronounce Towson-where I grew up. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I filled it out. :) And it did give me something to do.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.