Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How sweet

I got a lovely bunch of tulips today from Flyboy. When I called him at work to thank him and tell him that they were beautiful and my favorite flower (the first time in ten years together he's gotten me tulips!). I did inquire as to why he had flowers sent to the house since he was home now.

His reply was so touching, "I wasn't paying extra for Monday or Tuesday delivery. Did you know even when you order the cheapest flowers its still almost fifty bucks?".

I think I felt a little tear in the corner of my eye. I just love the way his mind works.

8 comments:

  1. LOL Sounds like a beautiful gift nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that sounds like something my husband would tell me. How funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! Sounds just like a man. :)

    But..Hey! You got flower!!

    I got the most gorgeous Valentine's flowers from my fiance while he was at training. I was SO impressed. Come to find out it was all his mother's doing and ordering skills :) He just wanted me to get a teddy bear, but the only way they would deliver a bear is if he bought the $100 flowers! That is quite an expensive stuffed animal. Regardless they were beautiful flowers even if he didn't pick them out himself, his heart was in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny! I just love tulips, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well...you did ask ;)

    enjoy the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. X2 with the tulips! Love them! Bottom line I suppose is he thought enough to get you flowers lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. His heart's in the right place...and the tulips are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a man! So thoughtful to put it that way. Very pretty none the less!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.