Thursday, April 24, 2008

Can you tell the difference between a boy and a girl groundhog?

So Dash-1 has a new obsession, my son is a groundhog aficionado. We rent a house that's on a farm and as the whole house being eaten thing proves we have wildlife running amok out here. (By the way no resolution on that, whatever it is is still running wild. I am relatively amused where as flyboy is considering it an attack on his man hood.)

Any who Dash-1 is obsessed with the five or six groundhogs we have living in our front and back yards. Yesterday I pointed one out to him, he ran over to the window looked briefly and then said "That's the mommy, the daddy lives over there," pointing to another little mound. I had to ask. I was just too curious how a three year old can tell the difference between a boy and a girl groundhog.

Very matter of fact he clued me in on the big tip off, "Oh a mommy groundhog isn't AS fat as the daddy."

Nice. The way he looked at me as he walked away left me wondering if he was trying to tell me something.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry, but that comment has me ROFL! Too darn funny. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If flyboy can hook up with with an F-16 armed with laser guided bombs he will secure his manhood. I am not sure what I should say about dash-1

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh. Too funny! I guess, though, it could have been worse. He could have said that the mommy groundhog was FATTER than the daddy groundhog, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Mommy ground hogs are thinner. Not the case in my house

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable!! hehehehe. nice to see you again leanne. glad the sickies are all over. you have been through a nightmare. felt real bad for ya.

    happy friday, take care, kathleenybeany :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is *way* funny!

    I just love how kids "know" things. And they have perfect explanations "why". :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.