Monday, May 11, 2009

whew I'm back oh and the winner is...

We are home. Alive, and well, with all members of our family accounted for.

We were tempted to leave the kids on the side of 95 in a very lovely patch of wildflowers but we thought better about it. I've become attached to the little ones.

Our time in Disney was fun. It was fabulous. It was not without its bumps, as traveling with small kids usually is, there were a few meltdowns and moments I considered throwing myself from the WDW train, but we really enjoyed our family time (this was actually been the longest chunk of time that we have spent together yet this year).

I'll post some vacation wrap up pictures in a day or two (you're all on the edge of your seats aren't you?!) but right now I'm pooped.

Vacation has wiped me out. I'm sure some of it has to do with being 24 wks pregnant but most of it is trying to keep up with my two fast paced kids and my very fast paced husband. And the many, many, many hours being trapped in the car with said fast paced little ones.

My apologies on taking extra time to get the giveaway results posted and for being lameo on commenting/visiting blogs over vacation. There is so much to see and do in Disney downtime was unheard of. But take solace... I'm back.

And the winner of the cookbook giveaway is............ Ana! Congrats!

16 comments:

  1. I was pancaked after herding two older girls (5 and 8) through Disney World. Doing it pregnant, with two younger boys? I get tired just typing that. You're made of strong stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made it through Disney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!!

    There's been a void in my blogroll for what seems the longest time.

    Now post some pics!!

    And yeah, totally agree with Bette! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good time. Please call me and give me all your tips i'm starting to get nervous. esp about the drive. I missed you last week it was boring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your totally my hero, doing all the while pregnant...Gold star for you! Glad your back and that you had fun:) I can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have more energy than I! Glad your vacation when well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you guys survived and are all accounted for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Glad you're back!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope you haven't missed me! We'll be driving through that way on our way to TN. After he's gone I'll probably head down to start some of the "big" wedding planning stuff at WP. I'll definitely let you know when! I really didn't think it'd take me this long to get down there- I guess work and the dogs have kinda stopped me haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap, I'm a little shocked! I almost forgot to check. Now I'm glad I decided not to buy it earlier.

    And I'm glad to hear you all made it back in one piece. If we are actually able to move before the year is out and can hit up Disney on the way, I'm totally going to email you for some tips on what works for the young'uns there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a great time! You are one superwoman for doing that trip at 24 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Ana! and I'm glad you survived WDW. Always good to hear that. ha ha ha...

    Can't WAIT for the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the cookbook idea, I am going to buy it now!

    I can't wait to see the trip pics. I am cracking up at you leaving the kids on the side of the road. When I was a kid my mom would tease me and tell me she was going to drop me off at the cider mill to live. Myabe that's why I have a strange obsession with them now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome back friend - you have been missed!! can't wait for the photo recap :)

    happy belated mommy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back! We definitely want to see pics, so don't make us wait too long. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.