Wednesday, May 20, 2009

it's getting better and what I've noticed about fish

Today was a better day for all of us here. Especially compared to the day that the two fish I flushed down the toilet today had.

Just a side note, I thought fish were supposed to be a great no brainer pet. Clearly I am not ready for anything bigger as I can hardly remember to feed and turn the tank light on, let alone cleaning the tank and checking the water and all that stuff.

Really, every time flyboy gets home from the road he has a look on his face when he sees the fish tank that I'm pretty sure is disgust and dismay but really, you are coming home to living children. Pick which you want me to care for that's all I'm sayin....

Thank you all for your kind words and comments. It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling some of what I was feeling. I think I'm going to try to put one honest post a week around here, not that they aren't all honest but you know what I mean. Even if it's just a picture of the inside of my messy refrigerator or the towering pile of laundry I often let collect while flyboy is away (or here for that matter).

Something to put these in perspective, because friends, life is all about perspective.

8 comments:

  1. I can't keep anything alive that doesn't ask for food or water. Terrible, isn't it? Plants, fish... yeah. They're dead. Cats, dogs? They're ALIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better. BIG HUG for you!!! Sometimes a good "Vent" makes a world of difference!!! I internalize so much-so unhealthy. Thanks to you I worked up the bravery to post my feelings today too! Just found out the hubs is going on an IA/GSA deployment - (8-14 mos) and he has been deploying regularly for 3 years now. We were ready for this to all be over with by this fall and had the kids excited about daddy being home for a little while and then this. Anyway....it has been rough! That is why I haven't written too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunny, I could never keep fish alive! I had one when I was a kid that died on my birthday and then another one when I was older which ended up in the toilet as well! So imagine my fear when I started a job at a daycare and they had a pet fish in thier class....Ummm...They even named him Mort....I was struggling everyday to remember to feed that thing and clean out his tank....Luckily Robert proposed and so I was only there for six months:p Managed to keep Mort alive that long but no telling how much longer I could have managed that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Life is all about perspective"...true that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read your last entry and you are a WONDERFUL mother. I love your entries.

    And trust me, no one has it together all of the time. They are just better at hiding it.

    Because lets face it, I do not even have kids, just two puppies and I hardly ever feel I have it together, haha.

    So with 2 kids, you are doing a wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fish are the worst!!! Harder than a dog, that's for sure! We have killed 8 fish, 3 frogs, and 2 snails since Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fish are gross we got them when we first got married and i'll nver get them again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're having a not so great day, it's ok to say it! We all have them. And we love and support you no matter what.

    Ok enough of my mushiness, fish are such a silly pet. They're not like a dog who will remind you that they need to be fed or let out to go to the bathroom! HAHA

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.