Wednesday, May 27, 2009

To buy or not to buy

I'm so torn.

Despite having a crappy week last week. One where Murphy (of Murphy's law) was after me at every turn and I was occasionally silently (all right when I wasn't around the kids it might not have been so silent) cursing my husband for yet again being away on a vacation , I mean work, away on work. I'm torn on his father's day gift.

I want to get him a toy. An expensive toy that I wont come right out and say what it is because apparently, one wouldn't be able to tell from all the comments he leaves but he actually reads this thing!

I want to get him a toy that is just for him, that serves no purpose outside of something he could fiddle around with and knowing what a tech geek he is he would love. But.... it's expensive.

I mean we could afford it I'm just feeling like maybe that money should go towards other things or that maybe I should just get him the boring old lawn equipment that he asked for. But the toy is so much cooler. And I know he would love it. But it is pricey. Or at least for me it is. It's more expensive then the weed wacker lets put it that way.

But as hard as he works isn't he worth it? And the answer is always unequivocally yes.

Despite that he's had a few down days in a tropical local and I'm left home to step in pee. Yes he is worth it.

So ladies.... to buy or not to buy? Do I get the toy or the lawn equipment? I mean really, can't the weed wacker wait another month? Especially since he's never here to use it.

16 comments:

  1. i say splurge and get him the toy! its about him being happy right? imagine his face! Save the lawn equiptment for, i dunno, a labor day gift...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say get the toy! I always like seeing Mike's face when I get him something cool that he didn't even know he wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say get the toy. His face would be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to agree with the other ladies and say go for the toy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all for the toy! I mean I rarely can come up with anything to get him on my own anyway, so when I do, I go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My vote's for the toy also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say buy it! But I am ALL about spoiling my husband haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say get the toy!!

    There is just something about buying them something that they would probably never buy themselves....

    And look at it this way, switch the tables, would you rather pots and pans or something dreamy that you would never by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  9. GET THE TOY!!! If he's never there to weedwhack... why bother buying the equipment, though I do have to say that I LOVE using the weedwhacker when I am getting out my frustrations, the poor plants... but I do feel better afterwards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splurge :) The look on his face will be totally worth it. If it fits in the budget and means yall won't be eating beans and rice for months, do it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, so I just went through this with my hubby.

    He whined for over a year about a toy. I finally gave in three weeks ago.

    Moral of the story, give in! Let the man have a toy...notice that I said a toy:-)

    You have to draw the line somewhere! :-) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toy toy toy!!! Because both of our hubbies enjoyed playing with that huge nerf gun from Christmas, I can honestly say he is a big kid and would enjoy the toy more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome that you decided to splurge and get the toy (wrong post, I know, but I really had no idea what you were talking about when you mentioned it in your most recent post)!

    I'm actually in a similar boat right now for Stonewall. Do I get him the shed he's been wanting since we bought a house with a yard even though he's not here to use it right now...or do I just get something only semi-cool that I can send to him in Iraq?

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.