Thursday, November 6, 2008

What comes after dinner?

You know the best part about having corn for dinner with little ones? Apparently its great for blog fodder.

I heard this today from dash-1 as he yelled from the bathroom, "Hey mom I just pooped some corn!"

me yelling back. "Oh, well, that's bound to happen."

pause from him. "Don't worry I didn't eat it."

another pause. "Will you wipe my butt now? And check out that corn."

Thanks, I'll pass.

I mean I'm the mom so I will gladly wipe butts, those of you without kids or who haven't gotten to the potty training stage, this is the awkward in between stage. They can poop and pee on their own but the butt wiping often leads to more mess then anything else. So I'm still on the hook for that.

But I prefer not to check out poop. Especially after I got to stalk around collecting poop (read those adventures here) for the better part of two weeks. Thanks son, I'll take your word on it.

12 comments:

  1. So this is what I have to look forward to huh? I think that the laughing from poop comments like that will make up for having to wipe their butts. Awesome to get back to poop and puke convos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the mystery of whole corn kernels coming out after lots and lots of chewing them up. Maybe that's one I'll ask God about at the pearly gates...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, so not looking forward to the butt wiping. Guess that's all part of the wonders of parenthood huh? I'm hoping the hubby will be around a lot for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha thanks! I needed that after a rather painful conversation with the hubs. Nothing like poop to cheer you up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Love it.

    Can't wait 'til it's my turn. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Word.

    Thank you for the cure to my baby fever :)

    No, totally kidding. Kinda. Nothing like poop stories for a good laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahahaha. corn poop. gotta love little kids, esp. boys. :) :) You're such a good mommy. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im at that stage too. I still wipe. Yummm

    Im so glad he didnt eat the corn...gag

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. Ick! I'm not sure how I can handle that. Hmm...can I hire someone to take care of that stage for me when it comes to for it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like that inbetween stage. The "Mama, can you wipe my butt?" stage. Especially at 5:30 in the morning. Last thing I want to do is wipe a butt.

    Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had an exboyfriend who would comment on the complexities of corn. He was 25 at the time.

    Yeah...that doesn't say much about me does it?

    That's just one of MANY reasons he is an EX!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best part: pause from him. "Don't worry I didn't eat it."

    Gotta love living with little boys!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.