Wednesday, November 5, 2008

disapointment

We boated yesterday. Actually we voted but dash-1 cant really pronounce v so it sounded like boating. At one point on the phone my mother asked why he kept talking about going boating.

I think he was disappointed when we got to the polling place and it was filled with voting machines from the 50's and old people. Really the average age of the poll workers was 96. But good on them for giving of their time.

Although when my husband went into vote I don't think we really needed to hear "Oh I betcha I know who he's voting for!" While I have no problem broadcasting my vote my dear flyboy is much more skittish about drawing attention to himself. And by the by he was in civvies its just the darn haircut that gives him away.

As Sarge Charlie wisely pointed out yesterday in a comment, the country survived Carter. And I have to believe that if we survived that peanut for brains ninny we can survive anything.

I'm just wishing yesterday had been boating instead of voting, but at least this dreadful campaigning is over and the country can start to get over it. If that's possible.

All right. No more politics for a bit. I'm going back to poop stories and mysterious animals.

13 comments:

  1. That's probably one of the best posts I've seen about politics yet. I wish you "it is what it is. We will go on as a country" attitude was contagious. Already we're seeing apacalyptic posts. And I love that you guys went boating. Kids are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha you're right puke is puke and poop is poop. I'm glad you said it's OUR job because I think the new president can only do so much to try and unite people. People have to be open to it and stop the ugliness now! That's why I'm not writing any political posts because what I'd say would only do more damage, I think, even with good intentions. Hopefully the hate from others will wear off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. Hate will get us nowhere.

    Now back to your Dr. Seuss-like animals and their poo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Your comment about Carter was hilaroius. My Dad still complains about Carter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. I hope that people can move on and let go of the hate. I am sick of the all the mean things being thrown around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the mention, the world is upside down, today john mccain is the darling of the media today, go figure.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know what changes military families might face? Being a new wife is intimidating enough, but I've heard things like "cut funding of the military" and "reduce national defense" and those don't really sound very good.

    Any ideas? I'm all nervous over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The biggest reason I'm nervous is what he'll do to our military. He's so not a military guy in any sense of the word. I hope I'm wrong, but since this is our life and current livelihood, it scares me. As for the rest of the country, yeah, I'm with you on the Carter comment. I don't think the world is ending, at least not yet, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gave you an award! Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check out my blog... I've given you an award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I'm worried about the military too. But we'll survive, we always do.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.