Monday, November 17, 2008

Are you paying attention?

I've been getting some emails lately about my blog. I wish they were from adoring fans (there has to be ONE out there right?) but alas they are from advertisers. I might be a bit honored if I wasn't well aware that they are just mass emails.

How do I know they are mass emails? Well I'm not certain but the fact that last week I got three from jewelry advertisers is my tip off. And I'm talking about fancy shmancy jewelry. Not the stuff that I would want to be wearing when I stick my hand in the toilet to pull out a matchbox airplane or my husband's toothbrush. Really you would have figured out to hide it by now given where its been.

I know that there are stylish, fashionable moms out there. I, however, am not one.

Nor will I morph into one anytime soon. Nor am I going to be spending even a couple hundred on jewelry for myself right now when there is karate, nursery school, clothes, medicine, and the other various childhood accoutrement's to pay for. Let alone college to save for.

I know advertisers are simply doing their job. I just find it funny the ones that are drawn to me. Really do you read any of what I write? I write about mommy guilt, poop, and kids shoving things up their noses (last week it was a propeller from an toy airplane).

Now if there is a company out there who is advertising something specially designed to pull things out of the toilet so I can stop using my husband's bbq tongs contact me. I'd be more then happy to help you out.

7 comments:

  1. Ahahahaha! Your posts never cease to put a smile on my face... this one even got a giggle! Thanks for continually making me smile while my hubby's gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not think you're fashionable, but at least you wear a bra to Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, too funny. I've also gotten ad offers. Why in the world they think I'd put an ad on my blog and get no money from them is just silly.

    Maybe you should invent some nose pliers that extract propellers or marbles or whatever out of little kid's noses, then you can advertise on your own blog for free!

    I'd buy one. I know my day is coming... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like yellow ribbon's idea. You should definitely invent some great toilet tool :)
    I would definitely buy one because I'm a slight germaphobe, and the toilet freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny.

    If you find a solution to the toilet thing, count me in on one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in with the toilet thing, I have a tendency to knock whatever my favorite brush is at the time into the bowl so I've sacrificed many brushes. And no, I didn't touch the gum wall in Seattle although I did add my own :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Sarah

    http://www.thetreadmillguide.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.