Friday, June 20, 2008

Just like daddy

The cows moved the other day. Don't get all excited like the boys did, they moved to another enclosed field, maybe fifty yards from the last one. This one has move grass and stronger fences so maybe I wont wake up to three cows staring in my windows for a while. That would be nice.

You cant quite see them from the house like you could in the other field, a barn is blocking our view. When they were first moved the boys were in a panic. Dash-2 who doesn't really talk yet just mooed with a pained expression while Dash-1, well, he freaked. It was one of those freak outs that you cant even reason with them. So we put on our shoes and headed out to see them with our own eyes. Lucky me (it was like 8 am), lucky cows, I did at least throw a bra on.

Walking back from the cows we had an interesting conversation.

Dash-1 "They didn't run away?"

me "We just saw them, no they didn't run away. They are cows where would they go. If they hang out here they get food, water, and love. And they get to poop where ever they like. Its a sweet life."

Dash-1 is thinking about this. "just like daddy" he said.

So according to a three year old daddy has it pretty sweet around here. But in case your wondering I don't let him poop where ever he wants.


ps. the great cookie swap post is down below. If you haven't added anything yet (ahem I know there are some of you who have yet to add, bitter betty not to name any names) just add it up this weekend. There are some tasty looking recipes!

19 comments:

  1. "just like daddy"

    tee hee - too funny!!

    though i am glad to hear you don't just let him poop anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no thats too funny! I totally get it too.

    I think men do have a pretty sweet life even without the reckless pooping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was amusing. How cute! I can't wait for my son to make comments like that to me and my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha :) Too cute. Robbie tells it like it is :)

    My in-laws were over last night...(we need a phone convo for that one) so I didn't get a chance to scan a pic. I will def. get mine going this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm baking tomorrow....will photograph and post then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love the things your kids say. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously awesome!
    I wasn't sure where the "just like daddy" was going to fit in...but OH it did!

    That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!

    I don't think there'd be much humor in life if kids weren't around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious! It's official dad's have the best life and the freedom to poop wherever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "just like daddy" quote! I started laughing as soon as I read that because I definitely didn't think that's where the title of your post was going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is hilarious - "just like daddy". Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Yes, I'm an addict, but I don't want a cure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, that is darn sweet and a good thing to write down and share later . . . or blog down and share later :-) So glad you clarified about the pooping thing, now I don't have to wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, Dash-1, spot on. Children are SO perceptive. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just have to love kids! SO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so priceless. I'm sure daddy will appreciate the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just like Daddy.... hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL!!

    And I am trying to do the cookie swap, but we will see if I get around to making the frosting for the cupcakes... they are vanishing too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to know what daddy said when you told HIM the story!!! He was probably laughing til it hurts!

    Happy POW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAHA! Isn't it great to have a blog to be able to document these things? Imagine having to pull out the old school baby book to hand write all the hilarious things they said...

    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.