Monday, June 9, 2008

DOH!

The heat must be frying my brain. That's my excuse.

Running out of the house to do errands I notice there is "stuff" all over my shirt. It could be some ground in cheese, maybe some wiped off pancake, who knows. I run to quickly toss on another shirt. This will come back to haunt me.

I wanted to be a nice wifey so I went by the base to dropped off a nice cold lunch for flyboy. The plan was to drop it in his car and go. What actually happened was that when I turned off my car to use his spare key on my keyring to get into his car I somehow locked the steering thingy and the car turny on thing. So instead of a cool calm cutesy message, after messing with it for five minutes with both boys sweating in the 98 degree heat (it was only 11am) in their car seats I call him panicking. "I can not get my car started, the key thingy wont turn, the steering wheel wont move, its hot, COME FIX IT!". It took him one turn. I must have loosened it for him. Luckily he found it amusing not frustrating. To my defense had it been cooler I would have sat out there for an hour messing with it.

Now lets move on. Quick trip to target turns into a 45 minute tour of the store because little pokey dash-2 wanted to walk. He was listening well and walking so nicely so no biggie, I mean he moves v. e. r. y. slow when there is so much to look at but oh well. Cut to the bathroom. Dash-1 of course needs to go. As I'm helping him wash his hands I glance in the mirror. Holy crap. In my hurry to get out of the house I just tossed on a clean white tee shirt because my black tank top was icky. No biggie... ummm... yeah.... you ladies will understand when I say I was not wearing a bra that should have been worn under a white tee. Oh the shame.

Smooth move exlax... smooth move.

19 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Your right that story did cheer me up a bit, although I'm sorry you are having a rough, yet interesting day.

    And you are also right about being excited about all the new experiences that await me in Italy. Most days I can't wait to leave, just yesterday for some reason I was sad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always seem to put a smile on my face. It's only as big as it is because I got dressed over the weekend and went from blue-jeans to a cute pair of white capris pants because I found an awesome pair of red shoes in my closet that I didn't know I had and I had the perfect shade of red shirt to wear with them. Oh, I was so summery with my new hair cut. Thank goodness hubs still likes to look at ye 'ol tushie because he asked why I chose to wear bright pink drawz with my white pants. Then he went into this speech about being blind and getting dressed in the dark. The one he knows so well because I always give it to him when he chooses his clothes without looking at them.

    Still giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that story about the bra did put a smile on my face. The weather here has been hot too...so nasty. I can't imagine how hard it is with two wee ones.

    What I hate about Army Wives is, they have no idea about the army at all! Their berets are all wrong, the life in general sounds so off...I don't know. But it is addicting.

    Hope your day got better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me laugh! I'm sorry that it happened, but such good blog fodder!!

    The plodding of a little boy... I know it well. :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about that. Nobody probably noticed. I am pretty sure that they noticed my two different color flip flops that I was wearing to the store a few weeks ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. teehee

    DOH!

    I really HATE that steering wheel/ignition turny thing lock deal. That has happened to me more than once and it's totally annoying.

    little pokey dash-2, I actually do remember that pace pretty well and you are so patient with it.

    thank you for the smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA..the heat does mess with the brain my love. :) I'm sure you made some stock boys day though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And your hubs didn't bother to tell you either?

    I had the same thing happen recently...I recently bought 2 new bras. I REALLY didn't want the bright stripey one, but I REALLY wanted this type of bra (Vic-secret Ipex) because it puts the "girls" where they need to be...so I settled for the only 2 they had, one beige, and one bright stripes.

    Fast forward to last Sunday...church baptism. I had on a pink tank top which I THOUGHT wasn't see through...but apparently I was WRONG. LUCKILY...it was also a pool party (after the baptism) so I'm guessing people thought it was a bikini top, though I never DID get in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops!

    That's the way it goes some days...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your husband wasn't smiling because he was amused...he was smiling because he enjoyed the view!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that's good. What's funny post kids, though, is how much you ultimately don't care. If I had done that in high school I would have lost sleep for at least a month. Of course I didn't have a black bra in high school, so no worries there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG...by chance, do you have a Land Rover??? We used to have a Discovery once upon a time...and the EXACT same thing would happen to me every so often!! I couldn't get the key to turn or the steering wheel to turn either....then McDaddy would come and do it 1-2-3!
    Weird.

    Happy POW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I HATE it when that happens. Dang dark bras!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found you through POW... and your post made me laugh!

    Nice one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We all have those days! Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blog! Great story, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The heat does crazy things to all of us. I made it all the way into my office yesterday with my shirt on inside out. No lie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trying to figure something out in the heat is the WORST.

    I am always having bra issues. I've just resigned myself to them, lol. But I think it's hilarious that you sporting your look on base!

    ReplyDelete
  19. **smiles with you**

    i can relate.

    one time, i wore white dress pants to work and some new undies i had no worn yet. duh! they had flowers and pretty colors. everybody at work could see right through my white dress pants to make out the designs on my new undies. i was embarrassed, yes.

    never did that again since that day.

    thanks for the smile reminder, kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.