Friday, June 13, 2008

The great cookie swap... in its formative stage

I'm always on the look out for some new recipes. Lately I've been feeling like I'm in a cookie rut. The boys and I enjoy baking and well no one needs that many cookies sitting around so we joined Baker's Angels thru Soldiers Angels. Its a fantastic program that sends out boxes of homemade goodies to a unit monthly. Its a great excuse to bake up a storm and someone else gets the calories. Although a cookie here or there goes missing. We have a couple go to recipes for egg less cookies that we make together, but sometimes I'll whip up something special with eggs at night.

Everyone has THEIR go to recipe. My best friend bitter betty has an oreo cupcake that makes grown men cry. I'd love to know more of what people make, maybe how you found it, when you make it, any special memories anything like that. Oh and maybe even a pic of what it looks like. Everyone loves a picture of the finished product. So I'm hoping that maybe you guys will give it a whirl. I'm still trying to figure out how to have peeps link up thru here, I gotta have someone explain the inner workings of something like that to me. Bitter betty if your reading this expect a call sometime today (and by the way your participation is mandatory).

Start thinking about your pick and hopefully we can get rolling in the next few days. Come on! Who's on board?

****Some answers and clarifications*** I realize as I re-read that I'm a tad confusing. To my defense this is still in the brain storm stages. I was hoping that people could do up a whole post on their blogs and then I'll get a linky thingy to put here so that we can all hop around to see what is cooking on peoples sites. And don't worry I know a weekend is coming up and its going to take a few days to get ingredients and what not together so I'm aiming for doing this sometime next week.

Any and all sweets allowed. Fudge, pies, cookies, cookie bars, cupcakes, any and all!

12 comments:

  1. Unfortunetly, cookies aren't my thing. Pie? Now pie I can do.

    My favorites are a Peaches N' Cream Pie (secret family recipe) and my Bananas Foster Cream Pie. Oh god...I'm drooling just thinking about them!

    I'm on my way out of town for the weekend and my recipes are at home, but next week I can post them if anyone is interested.

    Although I must warn you, the peaches n' cream will make men pledge their undying love and devotion to you. It is to be used sparingly, and only for good. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I use my Oreo cupcake recipe, even though you already mentioned it? Does this count? :)
    If not I have something else in mind that lots of folks love.
    Are we posting stuff here in the comments section or are we putting together a little recipe type book?
    I know, I know, I have too many questions.
    Talk to you soon, I have interesting updates to give!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. Sorry I don't have any unique cookie recipes to try out, but I'll be checking back to see what kind of ideas you get.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in..I just picked up some pastry flour the other day...and I am itching to use some of it.

    Hmmnnnn off to start brainstorming...

    Thank you for inspiring me to blog...I love it..and its rather addicting I might say!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on board! I'm sure I've got a great recipe around somewhere. Might take me a few days though as I'll be gone over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...I have a yummy gingersnap recipe. I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in! I love to bake! I've got tons of recipes! And probably quite a few that people wouldn't know since they are German cookie recipes that my Nana makes around Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I can do cookies and I've been thinking about a special one lately. It is the weekend and also the recipe isn't here at the cave with me, but I'll get it and get it posted.

    mmmmmm cookies

    ReplyDelete
  9. i puffy heart cookies.

    i don't have any to share exactly, but i would love to see what everyone else is baking.

    great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My big hit is my oatmeal jam bars. I have been requested to make it several times and people beg for the recipe. But unfortunately, I don't have any occasion to make it right now (and I am on a diet so I can't just MAKE some, lol), so no picture...but they are eggless!!! and my kids ADORE them, and they have oats in them (and can be made vegan with special butter and with whole wheat flour if you like)...and I also think they would probably ship pretty well, too.

    I found the recipe on a blog site that I used to freqent...unfortunately, due to illness, she no longer posts. I adapted it a bit more to my tastes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...my sister is more of the dessert guru in the family, but I'm sure I can think of some dessert I'm excellent at making. If you ever do a post for sloppy joes, deviled eggs, or shepards pie, I'll be on that like white on rice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you know I'm in! I love this sort of thing! I'll be checking back for the details :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.