Friday, June 27, 2008

Had to tell

Wow two post in one night, I'm on some kind of role. Actually I figured blog or work out and well, guess which one won out? I wanted to give Pot and Kettle and big ole shout out. I tried her black bean brownies and everyone in the house is going nuts over them. I had a very small piece and they were delicious.Thank you pot and kettle! The boys LOVED them and now I have another great snack to send to school when the time comes.

Its the first brownie Dash-1 has ever had and he's smitten. I practically had to put Dash-2 in the sink with the bowl and spatula because I couldn't break him free of them. Don't let the name keep you away. They are the best brownies I have ever had and I can only imagine how good they would be with some nuts or marshmallows in there.

And oh so simple to make, puree a can of black beans (do not drain prior) and then mix with a box of brownie mix, and just the mix, no need to add the oil or the egg. So they end up being healthier for you too and pack a TON of fiber.

For all you WW out there they were discussing these at a meeting I went too and they end up being 2 points for one brownie. Sadly thats not 2 points for the whole pan.... I ended up cutting up the brownies and wrapping them individually in saran wrap and tossed them in the freezer for the next chocolate craving.

They really are THAT good.

7 comments:

  1. I have to say this is a very interesting concept! I believe you that they are delicious, but I think I'm going to have to work up to it :)

    I am not so sure about messin' with a good thing, such as chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to try these out. Do I need a food processor to puree the beans? Or could I mash them up by hand somehow? Even though I've been living on my own (and not in college dorms) for 7 years I still have the bare essentials in the kitchen. I've been waiting on a wedding registry to fill out those gaps this whole time. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds unusual, but I'd love to give it a try. By the way, I'm going to FINALLY post my contribution to your cookie/dessert blog. It's banana split cake, a little off the cookies, but it is delish!

    By the way he looks so cute with a chocolate face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! totally impressive. I will def. make them!
    Thanks for being the more WW informed of the two of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds a little scary....must go check to see if I have any black beans in the pantry....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to try these...they do sound questionable but it you say they are good, then they must be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm I am going to try..and oil and egg....I love it when good substitutions work...thanks...will let you know what jan and marsha think..they are the most finicky of them all!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.