Friday, January 18, 2008

Crappy mom moment

Its one of those days. Well in all honesty its been one of those weeks. Everyone has been sick here (well except flyboy he's sick somewhere else!). Dash-1 has a cough left, Dash-2's congestion is getting better but he's probably a few days behind Dash-1, and I am days behind both of them. Mama is not happy.

My head hurts, my teeth hurt, everything is stuffed, I sound like I've been a life long smoker (I have never even had a cigarette just to clarify). No one is sleeping thru the night. For some reason Dash-1 is now afraid of the dark, he has a giant light up moon in his room as a nightlight but this doesn't seem to be stopping him from waking up two times a night freaking out because it's dark. Dash-2 just isn't sleeping, or rather he will sleep for a few hours and then be awake for an hour or so, and repeat this till its time to wake up. And really I cant fault either one of them, both of them have been pretty sick and their poor little bodies are just out of wack. But it doesn't make it any easier to handle when I'm also sick and tired.

And the days aren't much better then the nights. Dash-2 is just stuffy and clingy, rightly so and Dash-1 has a short fuse these days. It is very hard in situations like this to do it all. I feel guilty. Guilty for not being able to give Dash-1 more attention, since I'm suspecting that's why he's acting the way he is. Guilty for being short with the kids. Guilty for not cleaning the house up so that flyboy wont feel like he has to whenever he comes home. Guilty for feeling like I just want to go shove my head in a snow pile. Guilty for not being a better mom.

I will say, God must be smiling down on me, they are both up in their rooms for nap time right now. I'm debating whether I go tidy up or just suck down some Motrin and lay on the couch.

I'm at a point of frustration. Sigh. I wish I knew what I was doing sometimes.


postitive after thought: Dash-1 and I did get a box to send over to the sandbox for our Soldier's Angels Angels Baker. I think Dash-1 might be the littlest angel baker : )

11 comments:

  1. I hope you all feel better soon! I hope you sucked down that Motrin and took a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you are all down for the count over there. Just know that you are doing the best that you can, and you should never get down on yourself for that. The kids are on the way to recovering, so it isn't like you are neglecting them. You are on your own, and it's got to be hard. This will pass, I promise. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard when the mom gets sick because you can't just rest and wait it out. You still have to do all those mommy things. Having your hubby gone has to make it that much harder! My heart goes out to you for all that you are dealing with. Hang in there, it will get easier!

    Sending {{{{{hugs}}}}} your way! :)

    ps. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is always nice to 'meet' new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you! I know its hard when Momma is sick, but the kids being sick and Hubby gone to boot? I am sorry. Sending some get well prayers your way.

    Hang in there :)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. take it easy on yourself and stay on the couch a bit. take care of yourself, too.

    and thank you for your family's sacrifice for our country. i was Air Force and so was my hubby but we have been out of the service for many years now. my heart goes out to ya.

    hi there,
    i popped over here from amanda's blog. your name "trying" caught my attention. love it. just got me curious to take a peek.

    feel better,
    kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like me a week or so ago...
    just take it minute by minute, hour by hour and hopefully all will be well soon.
    big {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. sick sucks. hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you are feeling sick! No fun! I hope I didn't pass the smoker voice on to you...

    I hear Zycam will cure that cold - I've got a nearly new bottle you can have (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better. I have crappy mom days at least once a week. It's hard to be supermom when your super sick and just wanna pass out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. :( Sorry you aren't feeling well. I vote for Motrin & a nap. The mess will still be there, but you better grab some rest while you can. Hope you are all feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.