Friday, January 4, 2008

All quiet on the homefront....TOO quiet!

Its too quiet around here. The boys are at Grandma and Grandpa's house down in MD getting spoiled and showed off. They are on a toddler version of spring break! Flyboy is in town so we are actually getting some quiet time together, for the first time in months and months.

But I don't know what to do with myself. I realized when I was out running a few errands alone yesterday that when I have Dash-1 and 2 with me there is always a running commentary going on. And now without them I am just silently going about my day. Don't get me wrong, its not all bad. I can actually hear myself think. Of course I dont so much think anymore as I do hum theme songs from Diego or Sesame Street, but if I wanted to have an inner debate on foreign policy or domestic issues now is the time.

I find myself calling my mother several times a day to get an update report. Checking in on potty training (which is going AWESOME! Dash-1 has had NOT ONE accident today!), making sure Dash-1 is getting all his medicines, checking the status of Dash-2 and walking, talking to them on the phone, getting phone kisses and imaginary hugs. They have been gone just over 24 hours and I think I'm driving my mother crazy.

I'll have my babies back in a few days and I'll be well rested. sigh. I miss my babies. But then again I do have a very exciting weekend planned, we are going to deep clean the area rugs, organize the pantry, clean out the car, and perhaps find some time for a few other things. (wink wink)

4 comments:

  1. oh, leave the housework go have fun and do more wink winking.... :D

    Enjoy your weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys have some great quiet time together.

    Isnt it funny how we would love alone time without the kids, but then we missthe heck out of them when they are gone? weird huh?

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the wink-winking! Forget the rugs. Well, maybe don't forget the rugs, just don't clean them. Wink, wink:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such great parents! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.