Monday, January 21, 2008

Mystical Magical Good Luck Tike

Apparently Dash-1 is the Giants good luck charm. I'm not sure if they are aware of this or if this could get us some free tickets but Flyboy will swear up and down that he is. I had a small laundry mishap with his little jersey. It melted in the dryer and the N go all smeared up. It looked fine enough to me but when Flyboy saw it he FREAKED out and after that Dash-1 wouldn't wear it. I tried just putting a sticker over it, it was good enough for him but not for Flyboy. The Giants would know. They wouldn't play right. Are you kidding me?! So we ran around looking for a small enough jersey for him. I found one at the last store, isn't that always how it is, he approved and just had to put it on right away.

He watched a little of the game but alas even a good luck charm has to go to bed. Here's the kicker (pardon the pun) when the Giants went into overtime, Flyboy was so desperate, he went upstairs got Dash-1 out of bed and brought him down to watch the game. So my sweet little boy sat there, drifting in and out of sleep in my lap with his jersey draped over him. And sure enough, the Giants won.

Flyboy looked at me and said, "You know what this means? He has to stay up for the whole Super Bowl."

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is priceless! LOL!!!

    Glad things are going better in the homefront too :)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! I'm not a football fan, but my fiance is and he was texting me the game score every now and then. He called me when they went into overtime, and when the Packers lost, he was so mad I decided to get off the phone to let him cool down a bit. =)

    Personally, I don't care either way. =) I mostly felt bad for all the people freezing in the stands.

    I wonder if I'll be melting little Packers jersey's in the dryer in 10 years? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. You know, I did tell my DH that the odds were NOT with him for that game specifically because of Dash-1.

    But we are not allowed to speak about what happened at that game in this house.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.