Wednesday, September 24, 2008

today I am...

28.

For anyone who doesn't like the hubbub mine appears to be shaping up nicely. Flyboy isn't here to remind Dash-1 or 2 that it is indeed my birthday so when I told Dash-1 this morning he just looked at me, said "No it isn't" and walked away. I am feeling the love in my house.

All in all I'm sure today will be a lovely day. So far the sky is a clear, brilliant blue, I'm sure we'll head to the park today at some point, maybe run a few errands. Nothing too exciting but at the same time, all good with me. Perhaps Dash-1 will poop so I can finally run his 10 jars of collected poop down to the hospital.

My God 28 is looking like an exciting age.

And I must give a fist pump to the Marine Corps, I don't know how you do it really, the last birthday I spent with flyboy in town I was turning 18. And in all truth after 10 years I'm honest to goodness not the least part bitter. I do wish he was here to absorb the larger amount of calories from birthday cake. I haven't figured out if I should even make one...

And a very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear soul mate penny (aka bitter betty). She is also turning 28 today. Rarely in life do you find a friend who really is the yin to your yang, who understands the things not said, who is there whenever, where ever. I hope you have a wonderful day. Just go to your happy place at work and zone everything else out. And chick-fil-a, have some for lunch and have a sandwich for me.

Oh and about the age thing. That woman was in her late 30's and "just assumed" I was around her age. Jesus. To be aged a decade is tough on a girl. I'm gonna hope that my "maturity" had something to do with it and not my lack of makeup that day!

27 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you enjoy your day even if your kids don't believe it is really your birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    I couldn't tell you about your face, but your backside doesn't look a day past 24!

    Seriously, have a wonderful day, you deserve it!

    Oh and have you ever found a babysitter up there? You need a day for some "me" time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday dear The Mrsssssss.
    Happy Birthday to you.

    Of course you can have cake...pick your favorite flavor and add a can of diet soda (light cake/light soda, dark cake/dark soda) Mix it really well so there's lots of air in it and bake away. Cupcakes always turn out better for me. Sent them with hubs for his b-day in June and none of his coworkers could tell the difference. Bon appetit.

    Fabul-O sings me happy birthday every day without fail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, you are feeling the joys of a military wife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You are 10 months older than me. :)

    I'm not into hubbub, so a quiet day sounds like the perfect birthday to me.

    How cool that your friend has the same birthday! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday And I say cake it up!!!
    Sorry I was a year off! But kids always throw me off age wise. They make people seem "mom-wise" So there is that year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy b-day :) I just turned 28 too, and it's a nice age so far. A good even number :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Happy Birthday! Hope it's a good one (poop and all!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day, even if you just go to the park. Sometimes the relaxing birthdays are the best ones.

    If it's any consolation, you are 12 days younger than me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy, happy bday dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Btw...you have your very own birthday post on my blog! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, however old you look! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! If I were near I'd so make a cake for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy, happy birthday!!

    My son was too young to even know about birthdays when mine came around earlier this month. Oh well. I still had a great day. Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to you! Hope your day is wonderful and do nothing it's your Birthday!

    p.s.
    I think every one is my age and I'm 40. I'm told all the time I look like I'm 20 something so I think every one in their 20's
    30's & 40's is my age because I never looked my age so I'm bad at telling peoples age.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you ended up having a great day! My bday comes up soon........ but I have a few years on you :p

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday. Year 28 was a great year. I hope yours is just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway! I read the poop story above, and I'm still laughing. I had to collect my urine for 24 hours and put it in the REFRIGERATOR when I had preeclampsia. So, I can empathize with the poopsicle! I hope you're finally done with this...and they don't decide to do it all over again for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, girl. I would have guessed you were around my age - and I just turned the big 3-0 in June. Hope you ended up doing something fun for your birthday...if you didn't - go do something today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday tooooo yooooooooooooo. well.... I got ONE birthday in the past 5 years... and I'm 51. so I don't really care, but without him, the son (who will be 30 his next birthday) will forget it - as he always does.

    LAW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Happy Day!!
    Did we spend last year the same way?? On the phone for the bitch fest of the year? :)
    It was good catching up!
    I miss you lots.
    Maybe next year we will be in the same place and we can go have some chick fil-a together :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. happy birthday (a day late) hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday!!

    Hope you enjoyed it :)

    I always get mistaken for being younger than I am. (I'm 30) Like WAY younger. It's not exactly complementary in most cases. Like when people make snide remarks about "teenagers having babies" when I'm out with my kids :P
    Maybe I just come off as being a ditz in person?? lol. Who knows...

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.