I got stuck behind someone today who sat thru the entire green light (I hate honking I think its so rude although I did honk in this case but he still didn't get his act in gear fast enough). I sat there thinking about how much stunts like that annoy me and well it led to this post of randomness.
* Parents at the park who sit ideally by when their kids act like total deviants. I understand parents cant be everywhere all the time, trust me I get it. But if little Johnny is climbing up the slide while trying to crush the small 21 mth old going down said slide, perhaps you should put your cell phone and cigarette down and have a chit chat with him. Or crate him.
* People who have an entire cart filled with items in the express check out. Oh how I long for the day when the cashier tells them to take a hike. I think I pick that line just to see if it will happen. But seriously how difficult is it to get that 20 items doesn't mean an entire cart?
* When strangers figure out my husband is a Marine and start giving me their views on how awful the war is. Even if I agreed with them, which I don't in the least, come on folks, I'm not going there I don't even know you and its a very awkward conversation to have in front of my parrot of a three year old.
* When I ask my little ones what they would like for lunch. Then I make it. Then they tell me they want something else. You asked for grilled cheese, your getting grilled cheese. Deal.
* When the person in front of you going thru the door doesn't make any effort to hold it for you. I find this just a basic courtesy, especially if the person behind you has their hands full and/or is struggling with small kids trying to escape.
* That car in the parking lot that was parked to purposely take up two spaces so not to get dinged. If you feel this strongly about your car and want to park it way at the end of the lot more power too you, if you are that worried but yet still park close to the store it just makes me want to squeeze into the space next to you and let my kids repeatedly open the doors into your car.
* Parents that let their kids run around in restaurants. A year or so ago we actually had a kid come up to our table and start touching things. We had to get a waitress over, no parents showed up. Yes I have kids but it doesn't mean that I want to hang out with yours.
* Emails about male enhancements. I get a lot of them. I don't know why. Thanks but I'm not interested.
* When I blow dry my hair and then it rains. Yes its a simple thing but its so damn annoying. All that effort and then frizz, lots of frizz.
* When I've been thinking about something to eat all day and then go to get it and the human garbage disposal that is my husband has inhaled it. (Though a pro to that is that food never goes bad when he's around. When he's away I have to throw away a lot more stuff.)
No doubt there are more, I don't think I'm a negative person its just that annoyances are just part of life. And well why not blog about them.
Whats your top annoyance? I hate to think I've left off a great life annoyance.
Happy Sweet 16th Birthday to the Groovy Girls!
23 hours ago