Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I am..

alive. I know you were all wondering.

Dash-1 has an appointment at Walter Reed the end of the week for allergy testing and to look into some other issues so I've been scrambling around trying to get some medical reports together. One person says don't worry its all electronic, talk to another and they tell you to bring everything, ask the medical file people and they wont give you anything, but we cant forget his civilian doctors. So its been fun. I think I have it together but lets be honest ultimately I wont know till I get there. I have this fear that I will have booked this appointment two months out, driven six hours to get there, then another hour (oh who are we kidding hour and a half) in traffic, only to be told that they cant see us or we dont have the right stuff.

I'll be travelling today, going the long way to stop by and visit some family before settling in tomorrow at home. Well my old home but all the same.

I must say the one nice thing about a husband who travels a lot is that it does allow for visits to family without making him come along for the ride. He gets along great with my family but really how much time does one guy want to spend with his inlaws?! Now how he always manages to miss out on the medical stuff I haven't a clue.... but I'm looking into it.

12 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I'm sure it will all work out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe in your travels and too much is always better than not enough. Hard lesson learned. If they say they need something, offer up the dr. office phone number where it is and tell to call and have it faxed and to hand you the release waiver to sign.

    Hubs could care less about spending time with my family. He does like them, though...my mom anyway. Heck, he worked for them for 9 years so it's a bit better now, but those first 9...whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck I hope everything is ok and the appt. goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I hope Dash-1 gets to see the doctors and you have everything you need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for a successful and helpful appt for Dash-1...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I went to the allergy clinic at WR a few years back when my husband was doing some med school training. If you get Dr. Mikita (sp?) she is an asian woman.. she is awesome!! I had a really great experience with her, and of course my husband did a great job of sticking me a hundred times over.. But I hope you at least find it helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and Dash-1

    ReplyDelete
  8. huh...what I'd GIVE to get away with not having to do "inlaw visits" for more than a few days.

    My hubby will be flying to Ft. Lauderdale soon to be with his mom and 2 aunts (one is having surgery for cancer...and his mom and the other aunt shouldn't even be going...they can't drive in "big cities"....sheesh - so hubs is going there to "help".) At least I don't have to spend that time with inlaws!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I hope you end up having all the correct paperwork. Sheesh, I know how stressful that can be. (I just went through a little insurance/doctors office/paperwork pain in the butt myself)

    And have a great time with your parents! I wish I could get up to visit mine more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that it all goes smoothly, and most importantly, you find out the information you need to about your son.

    Have a nice time visiting your parents!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds a lot like Brasil. Whenever we go to the consulate, I bring every single piece of paper we own with us, just in case, and it's saved us many a time. When we're actually IN Brasil, same thing.

    Good luck with the testing! And the driving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the doctor visit goes well. And that you don't get too stressed. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.