Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pictures from the blizzard

The dash brothers more then enjoyed the snow.

And learned a very important lesson on which snow is safe to eat.

{hint..... not the yellow stuff}

As you can imagine dash-3 sat out the snow and admired it from afar.

It seems that the cows don't mind the snow.

Maybe they too think its funny to see steam coming off their poop.

Not sure.

There is no arguing that it was beautiful, but what made it beautiful made it nasty.

The snow was so wet and heavy that it just clung to the trees and power lines, everything was coated with the snow for days.

And down went the trees and power lines.

What is a girl to do when her fridge doesn't work and she needs a cold beverage?

Stick it in the snow of course.

We had to toss a ton of food, we couldn't stick that in the snow. We live out in the country, I'd rather toss my food then have a bear sitting on my porch eating it.


See that little green thing sticking out of the snow?

That's the original well, used back when they used the outhouse out back, which by the way, I did not use when we lost power. The well pump still works.

Anyways, flyboy melted snow on the wood stove for two days, so that he could have spare water to flush the toilets.

After the storm it occurred to me.... why didn't we just go out to the water pump?

Not fit for drinking but more then fit for flushing.

6 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, and you captured some great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the drink shot :)
    The kids look darling on their sled :) Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun (or at least the kids!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snow in pictures. I love it less when it's on my streets.

    Glad that you made everything work for a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, wow. It looks beautiful from here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.