Monday, March 22, 2010

Ask the honest mommy

I haven't done an honest mommy moment in a while, I'll get on that I promise. Don't worry I don't have any shortage of honest mommy moments around here. But I wanted to do something different, so why not an Ask Honest Mommy post!


Ask any questions about pregnancy{yes, that feeling that your hips are about to split apart is normal, delightful no, normal yes}, labor {yes, yes you probably will poop while pushing, something to look forward too right?}, baby rearing, potty training, child wrangling {useful tip to share, keep anything you don't want in the toliet out of reach, ie toothbrushes}, all the good fun stuff that falls into my mommy role.

I can even share the tip of how to identify if your three year old is about to vomit all over the floor of whatever store your in.

And you know what I'm going to make flyboy help me out. Now I'm sure he is laughing at the idea of us giving out any advice about parenting, after all last night we did have a three year old standing in our bedroom buck naked refusing to poop, but if nothing else, over the past five years of motherhood we've seen a lot.

Now, I can't promise that I have all the answers, hardly, but you never know, I might just have an answer for you.

And if you don't have kids this could still hold a plethora of laughs.

so.... shooot!

9 comments:

  1. How did you start the potty training process with the Dash boys? I'm over my child taking off his pants and diaper then laying on the floor waiting for me to change him....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I totally know how to tell if a kids about to vomit! My time in retail was well spent. The kid stops suddenly and legs stiffen and he just stands there and looks around with an alarmed look on his face. Then.... BAM. Vomit EVERYWHERE! (Sometimes the kid will cover his mouth with a hand right before vomiting begins which acts like a spoon under a sink faucet.)

    Sorry. Is that what you were going to say? I want to know about potty training and solving infant constipation. But lets never tell Isaac about that coversation, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was the hardest part about going from 2 to 3 kids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did you get your babies to sleep threw the night? my 2nd son is 9months and still wakes up 2-3 times a night. i've tried pretty much everything

    ReplyDelete
  5. When did you start potty training? When did you take them out of their cribs and into a toddler bed or other bed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol....oh lord.....okay....how do you deal with being the only female in a house full of boys?.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can I be as fabulous as you?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I don't have kids (this is a good thing for the future of mankind). But, I shall soon be an instant-step mom (just add water). And let's just say that 'having no idea' really oversells my skills...

    So, what do you do when a kid just flat out ignores you/continues doing whatever it is you've told them to stop?
    Or how about how do you teach your kid sarcasm is inappropriate when you're quite a fan of it yourself?

    I have thousands of these...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Were you ever pregnant when the hubby was deployed? Or did you have small babies?

    I'm pregnant and going to be giving birth while the hubs is in Afghanistan...just trying to get advice :)

    Thanks!
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.