Tuesday, November 3, 2009

your jealous arent you?

I did something fabulous today. Really it rivaled a pedicure it was that good. Hang on for the exciting news.....

I went to the grocery store. ALONE. Well I had the littlest one with me but he doesn't talk back, run away, or toss items in the cart so really its all the same.

I had to go for my postpartum visit, now the pap smear part was not nearly as exciting as a pedicure but if it meant grocery shopping in relative peace I'm all over it.

Now those of you out there with older kids, especially more then one, understand where I'm coming from. Grocery shopping with all the kids in tow can become quite the workout. Both physically and for your sanity. And usually I always take them with me, I mean really if flyboy isn't around am I really going to pay someone to watch my kids while I grocery shop?

Hardly, I'm far to cheap. And asking for assistance isn't so much a strong suit. So usually we all go. And they aren't horrible its just a bit different.

Kinda like a freight train is different from a prius.

This time is was so quiet, so calm, I was able to actually look at the back of packages. Did you people know they print stuff back there? You can actually compare foods? No one poked holes in my hamburger buns, no one tried to roll my tomato like a bowling ball, no one gave me their opinions on turkey versus pork. Nothing, nada, zilch, zip. It was just me, my thoughts, and my coupon container.

And my sleeping baby.

I don't think I can really convey how AMAZING it was, those who don't have kids, you'll understand one day and those who do have kids, your seething with jealousy aren't you?

And those of you with little cute cuddly babies.... just... you... wait...

15 comments:

  1. I love this post! I have a 6, and 4.5 year old boys and a 14 month old baby girl. I hate taking all 3 of them shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am def. jealous. I have 4 kids ages 8, 6, 2, and 6 mths and they are always with me. Shopping alone is a dream not yet fulfilled. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm scared now!!! I will enjoy the next few months before Little M starts going crazy in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm at that point with the Wee One. And on days where I can go alone, it is priceless. Glad you enjoyed your day, minus the pap part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love grocery shopping. I really do. And I love doing it alone. I can only imagine what's in store for me. This kid is already trying to kill me from the inside out. Little bastard. Well, not literally of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I am so glad that I wasn't drinking a beverage when I read your comment or its contents would have been spewed all over my computer.

    But yes, I am jealous of the grocery shopping alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. um... i only have 1 and i typically feel that way. i love shopping alone, or dragging the hubs along with me and letting him deal with our crazy man (who while in the commissary last week keep repeating over and over, yelling it really, a line from madagascar 2 "not dance fight, FIGHT!"... which gave us some very odd looks)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's awesome. yay.

    I went to the grocery store with the Captain recently, she was strapped in the cart. She was reaching into the cart and throwing stuff out, ate part of my list, threw my cellphone on the floor.... etc. There was a woman walking by, pulling a little boy not much older than the Captain by the arm and pointing at my kid said, "Why can't you be like that girl? She's being so good."

    All I could think was, god help me when the Captain realizes that walking around the store is an option.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Yes, I remember those days and still have them sometimes if I can't fit getting to the grocery store while they're in school (but that's my own fault and poor time management, unless it's summer). Grocery shopping alone, without time constraints = bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find that whenever I am grocery shopping alone, I catch talking away... at NOBODY! People must think I am nuts with my constant commentary to myself, but hey, I am used to having my boys with me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yeah? My child sat up in the front of the grocery cart Monday! It was delightful. :-p

    I love grocery shopping by myself. But you knew that.

    I gotta get a pap this month too. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate shopping with my son (yes I only have one) and my son hates shopping with me. So I do the shopping when he goes to his dad's or since I'm laid off at the moment, I do it while his is in school. Hats off to the moms who shop with kids. You are braver than me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad that you got some quality time to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know this is an older post but I just read it now and must say I think I may have broken my keyboard spurting coffee when I laughed. SO true!!!!! It's almost orgasmic to go food shopping without the kids

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.