Friday, November 6, 2009

I wonder and I believe

Sometimes I really wonder what the world is coming too.

I wonder on a big scale with what happened at Fort Hood yesterday and I wonder when things happen on a small scale like getting ripped off by the wood guy. And somedays everything in between.

I wonder if society is just going to pot. I wonder why it seems like horrible things happen to good, decent people just going about their business. I wonder why it seems like sometimes things just don't let up. I wonder how not to let life pound you down from time to time.

And then I look at my boys. And I realize....

I have to believe.

I have to believe in the good, I have to believe in my children and the chance that they have to chip away at the muck in the world, I have to believe that for every shyster there are two people for whom their word means something, I have to believe that even when monstrous events occur that there will be some peace.

There is faith, I have that too. But this, this is me remembering to believe.

6 comments:

  1. I believe too, today.

    You are so right on... I have been struggling today but this post put it right in my world.

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. I'm reading a book right now by Randy Alcorn, "If God is Good," basically the whole "why do bad things happen." It's huge - I'm only 2 chapters in and that's only like 3% of the way in. But it's good reading so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately makes me wish I was closer to our military family at this time. We heard from many of our friends, it was a scary reminder that the people we love are so vaulnerable even here in the states. We have been in constant prayer for those who have been impacted by this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the prodigal commandments come to mind when i read your post.

    People are Illogical unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
    If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
    If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
    The good you do today will be forgotten tommorow. Do good anyway.
    Honesty and frankness make you vunerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
    The biggest men and women with the biggest minds can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
    People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
    What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
    People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
    Give the World the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! I wonder the same things alot of the time too!

    thanks for following!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.