Saturday, November 7, 2009

the ball

Tonight is the ball. In fact when this is set to post flyboy and I will be on our way to cocktail hour. Of course that's if his plane gets back in time.

As you read this I can assure you that several things are going thru my mind, in fact I might even be praying {although I realize that God is a very busy man and my breast pads falling out of my dress are very very low on his list} that all goes well.

I have two big worries, A. a breast pad falls out during dinner or the ceremony or something. Nothing like a nice military ceremony topped off with a little boob action. and B. I start leaking all over the place while talking with my husbands co workers.

How delightful would that be? Talking with someone and hearing drip drip only to realize its me. I'm dripping. And obviously if I'm dripping it's because a breast pad is floating my soup.

I wish I could post a picture of us. A lovely picture of me moderately cleaned up and my flyboy looking very dapper in his blues with his nice shiny wings and six rows of ribbons (and a bunch of stars on said ribbons not to brag or anything) but alas when I even jokingly ask I am met with "the look". So instead just picture a stunningly gorgeous couple you'll be close enough.

And folks, lets all hope I don't lose a breast pad.

16 comments:

  1. Try not to think about it. I have found that the more I thinking about leaking the more likely I am to let down. I think that my body must think its funny to let down at the most inopportune times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope y'all have a wonderful time at the ball!!
    They're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great time at the ball. Theres a marine corps ball going on around here too that haha..we were invited to attend by some friends of hubbys who are in the Marines, but we declined, didn't know about it until last week and I didn't find any dresses I liked and it was too last minute for me to prepare...so... Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha..have a great time and I'm sure it will all be great! I'm sooo jealous! I miss the ball so much now that the husband is out of the Marines

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're having a great time. And don't worry. None of the guys will notice you leaking if that happens. It's the women you need to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope y'all have a wonderful time and you don't spend all your night thinking about your breast pad. I'm sure things will be fine. And if not, atleast it will make for an interesting post. I can't wait to hear about your night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everything is going great and you are having a wonderful time! Oh, and that all breast pads stay intact!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww... glad you're getting out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of luck Momma! Perhaps some duct tape on the inside of the bra to attach those bad boys? Have a great time! (I wish I had thought about it, there are these silicone dealies, called lily pads I think. Seem like they would do the trick in such a situation.) Best wishes for a G-rated ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have lots of fun! They can be a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope everything went well last night and that there were no breast issues! (Next time get him to at least take a picture of just you!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. fingers crossed! last night i shot half the reception with a wet left side...at least you remembered breastpads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'll be fine!! But for the future, you should invest in some double-sided sticky tape! Victoria's secret has some that works GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope it went well! (and that you were able to get ONE picture! :-p)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to lie... I live for comments. Nice ones that is.